Author Topic: Labour MP asks what British government is doing for women suffering from ‘period poverty’  (Read 839 times)

Offline goodwithagun

OK, “period poverty” is officially a thing now, and it’s been creeping up on us for years. Just a couple of years ago, a writer for HuffPost argued that “free tampons should be a human right.” There have also been members of Congress introducing legislation to make feminine hygiene products tax-free. (You remember the Fund Essential Menstruation Products (FEM) Act, right?)

Let’s hop across the pond for a minute to meet the U.K.’s version of Sandra Fluke, only she’s testifying on “period poverty” — the case where women just can’t afford to have periods.

Read more here: https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/06/30/labour-mp-asks-what-british-government-is-doing-for-women-suffering-from-period-poverty/
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

Labour MP asks what British government is doing for women suffering from ‘period poverty’

Judging by some of the horrendous grammar on this site, we have period poverty here too. 

Offline goodwithagun

That’s around $660/year, or $55/ month. As a menstruating American I can only conclude that these women are doing it wrong.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Labour MP asks what British government is doing for women suffering from ‘period poverty’

Judging by some of the horrendous grammar on this site, we have period poverty here too.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

Full stop!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Period Poverty?   What the hell is that?  Do they jump on their menstrual cycle and run people over on their way to protest 1 downing Street?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline darroll

OMG.
Asking Government for help. They are liable to tax the gals on those days.

Offline rustynail

Letting them be impregnated be 'Asians'.

Offline goodwithagun

Period Poverty?   What the hell is that?  Do they jump on their menstrual cycle and run people over on their way to protest 1 downing Street?

Hubby just now: Period poverty? I’ve been suffering from that our entire marriage!  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Hubby just now: Period poverty? I’ve been suffering from that our entire marriage!  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:silly: :silly:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."