Author Topic: Americans vote Taco Bell as the 'Best Mexican Restaurant of 2018'  (Read 2292 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Americans vote Taco Bell as the 'Best Mexican Restaurant of 2018'
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2018, 06:30:50 pm »
When the variety gets so broad that they are including snails, then they went too far.

My US Army time was spent in Heilbronn, Germany. We lived on the local economy, and a woman on our Street, Frau Kuckhartz, made herself well known to the military families, and the fact she gathered snails for sale to some vendor.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 06:33:21 pm »
People act shocked that the one national Mexican food chain with the longest nationwide presence is the most popular.

In related news, the Pope is Catholic.

I think Monterey House opened first(1951), but I don't think they ever bothered to open a restaurant outside of Texas.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 06:56:45 pm »
My US Army time was spent in Heilbronn, Germany. We lived on the local economy, and a woman on our Street, Frau Kuckhartz, made herself well known to the military families, and the fact she gathered snails for sale to some vendor.   

Yea. I forgot about that. They used to come around to the apartment building I was in with a basket and picked the snails off the outside walls. Then the garbage-pickers would come and raid the dumpsters for whatever they could find.

You just jogged my memory about all that stuff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2018, 09:29:41 pm »
My heart breaks for y'all who think that's Mexican food.

888high58888
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 09:31:43 pm »
When the variety gets so broad that they are including snails, then they went too far.

"There are snails on her plate!"
! No longer available