Author Topic: Bolton responds to reports on North Korea weapons program: There’s no ‘starry eyed feeling’  (Read 422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton responds to reports on North Korea weapons program: There’s no ‘starry eyed feeling’
By Brett Samuels - 07/01/18 11:29 AM EDT

National security adviser John Bolton said Sunday that North Korea has not yet provided the U.S. with details on the scope of its nuclear arsenal amid news reports that indicate North Korea is attempting to continue its nuclear program.

Bolton appeared on CBS's "Face the Nation," where he declined to address a Washington Post report that said U.S. officials believe North Korea does not intend to give up its nuclear weapons. The report contradicts President Trump's claim that North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat after his meeting with Kim Jong Un in Singapore last month.

"We're going to try and proceed to implement what the two leaders agreed to in Singapore, but rather than have a series of reports -- things are going better things are not going well, they are concealing this, they're not concealing that -- really it doesn't serve the purpose of advancing the negotiations," Bolton said Sunday.

"But there's not any ... starry eyed feeling among the group doing this that we're well, well aware of what the North Koreans have done in the past," he added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/395069-bolton-responds-to-reports-on-north-korea-weapons-program-theres
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

In other words: we’re not going to provide anyone with any progress reports and we’re not going to insist on any transparency or verifiability. 

You’ll just have to trust us. 

Meet the new fool, same as the old fool. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
In other words: we’re not going to provide anyone with any progress reports and we’re not going to insist on any transparency or verifiability. 

You’ll just have to trust us. 

Meet the new fool, same as the old fool.

I think the President was a bit premature in his victory march.  Reason I did not get excited. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.