Author Topic: Democrat congresswoman: ‘I was proud to be arrested’ with immigration protesters  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat congresswoman: ‘I was proud to be arrested’ with immigration protesters
By Jesus Rodriguez - 06/30/18 11:59 AM EDT

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) said Saturday that she was "proud to be arrested" along with hundreds of other protesters on Capitol Hill this week, and would do it again in order to take a stand against President Trump's immigration policies.

"I was proud to be arrested with them," she told The Hill. "The Trump administration is doing this and I as a Congress member, a representative of the United States government, refused to allow my name to be used in that way."

Jayapal’s arrest came Thursday at the “#WomenDisobey” protest, an act of civil disobedience organized by the Women’s March, the Center for Popular Democracy Action and CASA in Action.

“That is how the republic works,” Jayapal said. “You have to be able to use a variety of tactics, from outside organizing in the streets, civil discipline mediums, peaceful, nonviolent civil disobedience to internal organizing and advocacy on [Capitol] Hill.”

more
http://thehill.com/latino/394982-democrat-congresswoman-i-was-proud-to-be-arrested-with-immigration-protesters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Offline Frank Cannon

Democrat congresswoman: ‘I was proud excited to be noticed outside of my shit district to be arrested’ with immigration protesters