Author Topic: Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat  (Read 897 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat
By Max Greenwood - 06/29/18 04:26 PM EDT

A newspaper reporter in Massachusetts resigned on Friday after falsely claiming in a tweet that the gunman who opened fire on a newsroom in Maryland a day earlier was wearing a hat bearing President Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."

Conor Berry, a reporter at The Republican in Springfield, Mass., said on Twitter that his journalism career "came to a screeching halt" after the tweet on Thursday, and offered an apology to fellow reporters and Trump supporters.

"Folks, My 21-year career as a 'journalist,' a fancy term that makes my skin crawl, frankly, came to a screeching halt yesterday with one stupid, regrettable tweet," he wrote. "Can't take it back; wish I could. My sincere apologies to all good, hardworking reporters and to POTUS supporters."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394892-newspaper-reporter-resigns-after-wrongly-claiming-maryland-shooter-wore-maga
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wow!  That was fast!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. The guy looks like a douche.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Interesting. Usually reporters become more haughty and defiant after an incident like that. Wonder what the rest of the story is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

Interesting. Usually reporters become more haughty and defiant after an incident like that. Wonder what the rest of the story is.

The rest of the story may be that he worked for a newspaper no one outside of Springfield, Massachusetts has heard of.

rangerrebew

Reporter Who Falsely Claimed Annapolis Shooter Wore MAGA Hat Resigns
Lawrence Cloverfield Lawrence Cloverfield June 30, 2018   

Conor Berry, a reporter at The Republican in Massachusetts has resigned after posting to the social media site Twitter that the Capital Gazette newspaper left a “Make America Great Again” hat at the crime scene.

“Shooter who killed 4 people at Annapolis newspaper dropped his #MAGA hat on newsroom floor before opening fire,” he falsely claimed in the now-deleted tweet.

https://steadfastandloyal.com/unreal/reporter-who-falsely-claimed-annapolis-shooter-wore-maga-hat-resigns/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&

Offline Night Hides Not

Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat
By Max Greenwood - 06/29/18 04:26 PM EDT

A newspaper reporter in Massachusetts resigned on Friday after falsely claiming in a tweet that the gunman who opened fire on a newsroom in Maryland a day earlier was wearing a hat bearing President Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."

Conor Berry, a reporter at The Republican in Springfield, Mass., said on Twitter that his journalism career "came to a screeching halt" after the tweet on Thursday, and offered an apology to fellow reporters and Trump supporters.

"Folks, My 21-year career as a 'journalist,' a fancy term that makes my skin crawl, frankly, came to a screeching halt yesterday with one stupid, regrettable tweet," he wrote. "Can't take it back; wish I could. My sincere apologies to all good, hardworking reporters and to POTUS supporters."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394892-newspaper-reporter-resigns-after-wrongly-claiming-maryland-shooter-wore-maga

IMO, his first mistake was working for "The Republican."

22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline mountaineer

Such remorse:
CONOR BERRY  Verified account @CBerry413
Replying to @stephbarry1287

Hey, it ain't no thang. I hear the WH is looking for a new press secretary. Dusting off the resume.
1:56 PM - 29 Jun 2018 from Chicopee, MA
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The speed at which this happened would indicate that he has either done this before, or he was on some sort of probation for something. Obviously, there is a 'rest of the story'. We just don't know what it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.