Author Topic: Dems demand answers on Pentagon not recognizing Pride Month  (Read 903 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems demand answers on Pentagon not recognizing Pride Month
The Hill, Jun 29, 2018, Rebecca Kheel

A group of House Armed Services Committee Democrats is demanding answers from the Pentagon on why it is “backing away” from its annual Pride celebration.

“We write to express our concern that Pentagon leadership is backing away from supporting and celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) service members and Department of Defense (DoD) employees,” the eight Democrats wrote in a letter to Defense Secretary James Mattis. “The fight for dignity and inclusion for LGBT individuals in our Armed Forces should remain a steadfast priority for the Department of Defense.”

This year, for the first time since the 2011 repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” the Pentagon did not issue a memo officially recognizing June as Pride Month. Without the official recognition, the Pentagon’s Office of Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity did not issue posters and other materials to mark the occasion as it has done in the past.

The Pentagon’s LGBT employee group did hold its annual celebration earlier this month. No senior official was on stage, though Army Sgt. Maj. Daniel Dailey and Vee Penrod, acting secretary for manpower and reserve affairs, attended.

More:  http://thehill.com/policy/defense/394822-democrats-demand-answers-on-pentagon-not-recognizing-pride-month

rangerrebew

Re: Dems demand answers on Pentagon not recognizing Pride Month
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:51:23 am »
The Pentagons mission is war, not "celebrating" pride month.  What do these political clowns want, the military to provide training in homosexual sex, how to dress properly so the colors of the military uniforms don't clash, teach members of the military how to pick up members of the same sex?  This "demand" is just political maneuvering to hopefully get some dirt to blast Trump with. 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:52:09 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »
I’d like to see the Fed govt do away with all of these “special” months.  I work remotely so I don’t have pressure to attend the special gatherings, but I still have the propaganda staring me in the face every time I open the intranet home page.   **nononono*
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 10:48:41 pm »
I am suffering from homofatigue...this crap just never seems to end.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:19:22 pm »
The Pentagons mission is war, not "celebrating" pride month.  What do these political clowns want, the military to provide training in homosexual sex, how to dress properly so the colors of the military uniforms don't clash, teach members of the military how to pick up members of the same sex?  This "demand" is just political maneuvering to hopefully get some dirt to blast Trump with. 9999hair out0000
That, should be exactly what they respond with. "Thank you for your question, we take all such questions seriously. We did not celebrate 'pride' month because the mission of the Pentagon is killing Americas enemies, not making people feel good about their sexual choice. We hope our response has answered your question, please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 12:03:52 am »
I am suffering from homofatigue...this crap just never seems to end.

Have you Coined that term?    "Homofatique"?   I like it. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 12:06:14 am »

Fagtigued is considered offensive.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 12:11:33 am »
Fagtigued is considered offensive.

Okay!  Then that is good!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 12:13:20 am »
I'd like to think so...was trying to come up with something that defines my attitude towards the "all homo, all the time" and at the same time not be conflated with homophobia.  Not scared of them, just so tired of it already.  So "homofatigue" it is...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 12:24:33 am »
I'd like to think so...was trying to come up with something that defines my attitude towards the "all homo, all the time" and at the same time not be conflated with homophobia.  Not scared of them, just so tired of it already.  So "homofatigue" it is...

888high58888

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 12:31:00 am »
Bring back the War Department. bleep PC.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:31:47 am by jpsb »

Offline berdie

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 01:18:00 am »
Who cares??? The military  is to fight wars...not social bs.

If one is in the military...they should keep that in mind.