Author Topic: 'Selfless' dad and scientist killed on camping trip with young daughters was shot in head  (Read 561 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
'Selfless' dad and scientist killed on camping trip with young daughters was shot in head: Coroner
By Emily Shapiro,

Alyssa Pone  and  Lisa Sivertsen

Jun 27, 2018, 1:55 PM ET

A scientist mysteriously killed while camping with his two young daughters died from being shot in the head, according to the coroner's office.

Tristan Beaudette, 35, was gunned down at about 4:45 a.m. Friday at Malibu Creek State Park in Southern California, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office and Department Medical Examiner said. No one else was injured, the sheriff's office said.

The coroner's office didn't release additional information.

Beaudette was with his 2- and 4-year-old daughters when he was shot, officials said. His wife wasn't on the camping trip because she was studying for an exam, according to ABC station KABC.

Now, his family is "heartbroken."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/selfless-dad-scientist-killed-camping-trip-young-daughters/story?id=56204863

Earlier reports plead for help in solving the crime

https://www.today.com/video/authorities-investigate-mysterious-murder-of-father-shot-during-camping-trip-1264145475843

3 other previous shootings in Malibu Creek state Park.  all in the early summer months.

https://www.today.com/video/authorities-investigate-mysterious-murder-of-father-shot-during-camping-trip-1264145475843

The reason I am posting this in politics is because there have been  Mexican Drug Cartel Marijuana operations in that same  park.  It was actually the first thing I though of because I have seen a program on how Mexican Cartels are growing on State and Federal lands. 

Obviously they do not know who the shooter was who shot this father.  It is too early to know, or they may never know.  This post is a question of whether we are safe in our public parks when Mexican Cartels are doing business there?  Are they purposely avoiding the knowledge that this is a regular occurrence in the park, or do they believe campers can co-exist with Drug Cartels? 

For the record I am stating that it is not known who is shooting people in the park.  It is however known that big drug operations have big guns, because it is big money.  The Father was a regular hiker and outdoors person.  He could have stumbled onto something, not even knowing it.

When can we secure the border and stop the Mexican Cartel who are already here in the United States?  I sure wouldn’t want to take my children to a state park that is known for Cartel Marijuana operation.

Marijuana  Cartel Operations in the Malibu Creek park

http://www.malibutimes.com/news/article_cbbffe20-9977-11e3-ab0b-001a4bcf887a.html

David Stillman: A Look Inside A Mexican Grow Operation

http://davidstillman.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-look-inside-mexican-grow-operation.html

Jan 24, 2014 - The marijuana plants were watered by hand. ... One startling figure from Malibu Creek State Park found 90% of the Bob Cats had rat poison traced to ... We all hear a lot about the narcos and cartels, Mexican violence, etc. etc.

google search

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4AURU_enUS517US518&ei=2zU0W9HRDLy50PEP7c2O2Ak&q=Mexican+Cartel+Marijuana+grow+operation+Malibu+creek+park&oq=Mexican+Cartel+Marijuana+grow+operation+Malibu+creek+park&gs_l=psy-ab.12..33i160k1.115018.129266.0.131335.21.21.0.0.0.0.115.1337.20j1.21.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.877...33i21k1.0.Ofb8P0W4BVo

Securing the border isn't just about keeping families from coming across the border.  It is about Cartel crime which is operating right here in the US.  Sad thing is that citizens have no idea how dangerous this Mafia is. 

We can't seem to get it done.  I am ashamed of our government.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:18:07 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Shared from the 2018-05-30 San Francisco Chronicle eEdition

Illicit pot growers are polluting state, even with new law

By Peter Fimrite

The legalization of cannabis in California has done almost nothing to halt illegal marijuana growing by Mexican drug cartels, which are laying bare large swaths of national forest in California, poisoning wildlife, and siphoning precious water out of creeks and rivers, U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said Tuesday.

The situation is so dire that federal, state and local law enforcement officials are using $2.5 million from the Trump administration this year to crack down on illegal growers, who Scott said have been brazenly setting booby traps, confronting hikers and attacking federal drug-sniffing dogs with knives.

Instead of fading away after legal marijuana retail sales went into effect this year, the problem has gotten worse, according to Scott, who was joined in a news conference Tuesday in Sacramento by California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and other federal forestry and law enforcement officials.

Most alarming, Scott said, is the increasing use of carbofuran, a federally restricted insecticide so powerful that a teaspoon of it can kill a 600-pound African lion. The insecticide is banned in California.

The problem of illegal growing operations and contaminated lands “is biblical in proportion,” he said. “The chemicals have gone to a different level.”

The cartels, mainly from Mexico, use 760 tons of fertilizer on 400 grows every year hidden on the 20 million acres of national forest land in California, officials said.

The growers clear-cut trees, remove native vegetation, cause erosion, shoot deer and other animals, and litter the landscape with garbage and human waste. They also divert hundreds of millions of gallons of water from streams and creeks, and the runoff is generally contaminated with pesticides, which are also found in the plants, soil and wildlife in the area.

This year, 70 percent of the endangered spotted owls tested near sites that had been used for illegal marijuana cultivation were found to have one rodenticide or more in their systems, officials said. One owl died, leaving a clutch of eggs. Last year, 43 poisoned animals were found, including deer, bears, foxes, coyotes, rabbits and rare Pacific fishers. Another 47 animals had been shot, most likely by illegal growers, authorities said.

Since 2012, 17 Pacific fishers have been killed by pesticides at grow sites, said Mourad Gabriel, the director of the Integral Ecology Research Center, a wildlife and environmental research nonprofit. He said carbofuran was found in 78 percent of the plantations eradicated in 2017. That’s compared with 40 percent in 2015 and only 10 to 12 percent in 2012, when he conducted the first scientific study of illegal marijuana grow sites.

“It’s concerning, because now when we go into these sites we find contamination in the native vegetation, the soil, the water; and it’s increasing,” said Gabriel, whose research is funded by state and federal grants. “Those sites are still contaminated two or three years later.”

In all, 1.4 million illegally grown marijuana plants were destroyed in raids in national forests in California in 2017.

Bill Ruzzamenti, the former director of the Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, said California supplies 60 to 80 percent of all the marijuana consumed in the nation. In 2016, he said, 11 million pounds left the state, which is illegal under Proposition 64, the initiative that legalized the drug for recreational use in the state.

The people guarding the grow sites are inevitably armed and “a public safety risk to all of us,” said Becerra.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/SanFranciscoChronicle/shared/ShowArticle.aspx?doc=HSFC%2F2018%2F05%2F30&entity=Ar00104&sk=BDCCCAEC&mode=text

And look at the environmental cost of border crime.  We are allowing Mexico to turn our forests into wasteland.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2016/12/15/california-illegal-marijuana-grows-killing-wildlife-damaging-environment/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:30:15 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Old Sarge

'Selfless' dad and scientist killed on camping trip with young daughters was shot in head: Coroner
By Emily Shapiro,

Alyssa Pone  and  Lisa Sivertsen

Jun 27, 2018, 1:55 PM ET

A scientist mysteriously killed while camping with his two young daughters died from being shot in the head, according to the coroner's office.

What did he know about Hillary?

Offline Chosen Daughter

What did he know about Hillary?

I was going to respond to this earlier because we all know Hillary had her enemies offed but this is a serious issue.   This good man, father and husband was gunned down and little in the news about it now.  The stories were heavily on what a mystery it was but this wasn't the only shooting/s at the park.  For years now the local news has been talking about the growing Cartel operations in the forests of California, even in that same park.  Well they can't find a motive, but if anyone stumbles on a Cartel operation they will be likely dead.

I only live a couple states away and they have found these things in Oregon and probably here in Washington also.  Unless people have watched shows about this as I have they would never know.  Our state is huge on outdoor recreation.  I regularly hike.  I don't want to be a Cartel casualty.  And I don't want our forests and animals poisoned by their chemicals they use to grow their drugs.

I pray for this family.  I am grieved that such a good man who only wanted to take his daughters for a campout is now gone.  Perhaps it wasn't drug cartel but it will be for some other person who stumbles upon it.

Offline skeeter

This state's leadership has put us all in danger.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The only way you're going to put an end to this is to go in there with military special ops, and clean them out with extreme prejudice. No prisoners.

Repeat this a few times, and even the cartel operators may "get the message".

Of course, that's wishful thinking and it's not going to happen.
California will become and independent country before that!

Offline Chosen Daughter

This state's leadership has put us all in danger.

Yes it has.  And the liberals want to release all illegal immigrants into the community still while waiting for a court date.  They are criminals all of them but there are some serious bad hombre's.  Illegals are working these grow operations in our forests and are paid very high pay by the cartels.  There are many each year.  Bad hombre's and senorita's can be parents too.  Lots of criminals are parents.

Our citizens deserve to know the dangers lurking in our forests, cities and town.  We should wage a public disclosure campaign as to what kind of criminals you may meet on a hike, campout or day out anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:12:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »