Author Topic: Michael Flynn's sentencing delayed by Mueller team for third time  (Read 4606 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Michael Flynn's sentencing delayed by Mueller team for third time
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2018, 04:46:05 pm »

MUELLER’S SHAME: Flynn forced to sell his house to pay his legal bills
Posted on March 6, 2018

https://truepundit.com/muellers-shame-flynn-forced-sell-house-pay-legal-bills/

Covered in post 20.  We're told the legal bills are in the $1M neighborhood.  That's less than 15% of his worth.  It goes even lower when you add in whatever he gets from his defense fund.  I don't think we'll see him busking in the DC metro anytime soon.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »

Covered in post 20.  We're told the legal bills are in the $1M neighborhood.  That's less than 15% of his worth.  It goes even lower when you add in whatever he gets from his defense fund.  I don't think we'll see him busking in the DC metro anytime soon.

I use Duckduckgo. I typed in 'Flynn forced sell house Mueller.' I got pp of hits, some leftist, some conservative, some more middle of the road. According to you they're all wrong, every single source.

Well that's just breathtaking.  If anyone considers themselves the only one who can get news right, and believes the slew of other, official news sources are all ignorantly wrong,  why  wouldn't that person open their own news outlet? I.e.: anyone who considers themself a superior authority should be able to attract a following and achieve recognition...no?

Offline edpc

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 06:16:25 pm »

I use Duckduckgo. I typed in 'Flynn forced sell house Mueller.' I got pp of hits, some leftist, some conservative, some more middle of the road. According to you they're all wrong, every single source.

Well that's just breathtaking.  If anyone considers themselves the only one who can get news right, and believes the slew of other, official news sources are all ignorantly wrong,  why  wouldn't that person open their own news outlet? I.e.: anyone who considers themself a superior authority should be able to attract a following and achieve recognition...no?

You really should know better, since many ‘different’ news stories often source the same material from AP, Reuters, or whomever.  Just because multiple outlets reported it, doesn’t make the source material true.  Besides, the numbers don’t lie.  His legal bills are a small fraction of his worth.  Besides, his value as a DC consultant bottomed out with his second dismissal.  He was going to sell that house regardless.  Saying ‘Mueller made me do it’ plays to the suckers donating to his legal fund. 

Flynn is a lifelong Democrat who was making a lot of money lobbying for Turkey.  They haven’t exactly had our interests in mind under ErdoÄŸan.  Not registering under FARA is technically a violation of the law, but it’s not often prosecuted.  Given that Flynn and Manafort were getting rich off working for Turkish and Russian interests, respectively, I can see why they’d avoid making it official through registration for as long as possible.  These guys aren’t who you think they are.  Just because I know water is better for plants than Brawndo - that doesn’t make me a genius.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2018, 07:12:49 pm »

You really should know better, since many ‘different’ news stories often source the same material from AP, Reuters, or whomever.  Just because multiple outlets reported it, doesn’t make the source material true.  Besides, the numbers don’t lie.  His legal bills are a small fraction of his worth.  Besides, his value as a DC consultant bottomed out with his second dismissal.  He was going to sell that house regardless.  Saying ‘Mueller made me do it’ plays to the suckers donating to his legal fund. 

Flynn is a lifelong Democrat who was making a lot of money lobbying for Turkey.  They haven’t exactly had our interests in mind under ErdoÄŸan.  Not registering under FARA is technically a violation of the law, but it’s not often prosecuted.  Given that Flynn and Manafort were getting rich off working for Turkish and Russian interests, respectively, I can see why they’d avoid making it official through registration for as long as possible.  These guys aren’t who you think they are.  Just because I know water is better for plants than Brawndo - that doesn’t make me a genius.

Not all the stories re Flynn's financial duress originate from the same source by a long shot. But if you are right and Flynn is dishonestly crying poor-mouth, surely there must be at least *one* reliable news source that has set the record sttaight.

I will carefully and consideringly read the best source you can find to link to. Tia.

Offline edpc

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 08:14:53 pm »
Not all the stories re Flynn's financial duress originate from the same source by a long shot. But if you are right and Flynn is dishonestly crying poor-mouth, surely there must be at least *one* reliable news source that has set the record sttaight.

I will carefully and consideringly read the best source you can find to link to. Tia.

Filings from 2016 show his income was $1.5M, with most of that coming from his intel group business.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/politics/white-house-financial-disclosures/index.html

This site calculates his net worth at $7M.  It may be on the low end, since they calculate Kellyanne Conway at $26M and other places have her at $39M.  Whether some are including spousal net worth may make a difference.

https://finapp.co.in/michael-flynn-net-worth/

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 08:29:46 pm »

Filings from 2016 show his income was $1.5M, with most of that coming from his intel group business.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/31/politics/white-house-financial-disclosures/index.html

This site calculates his net worth at $7M.  It may be on the low end, since they calculate Kellyanne Conway at $26M and other places have her at $39M.  Whether some are including spousal net worth may make a difference.

https://finapp.co.in/michael-flynn-net-worth/

So you're maintaining that Flynn is lying through his teeth re the financial duress that led him to sell his house,  but there's not one news outlet--not a single, solitary one--that has called him on his lies and set the record straight.

Not one.

Not buying it. Trump is hated and reviled by the MSM, and Flynn was an actual part of Trump's administration.  If Flynn were lying to the extent you claim, there would be no shortage of exposés.

Your position defies both logic and common sense.  The press simply does not love Trump associates enough to let them get away with that level of dishonesty. They DO, however, love Mueller enough to defend him from charges of financially destroying targets, if such a defense were possible.

Offline edpc

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »

So you're maintaining that Flynn is lying through his teeth re the financial duress that led him to sell his house,  but there's not one news outlet--not a single, solitary one--that has called him on his lies and set the record straight.

Not one.

Not buying it. Trump is hated and reviled by the MSM, and Flynn was an actual part of Trump's administration.  If Flynn were lying to the extent you claim, there would be no shortage of exposés.

Your position defies both logic and common sense.  The press simply does not love Trump associates enough to let them get away with that level of dishonesty. They DO, however, love Mueller enough to defend him from charges of financially destroying targets, if such a defense were possible.

Yeah, alright.  He's spent the past few years making money from a book he's written, income from the Flynn Intel business, multiple paid speaking fees like the $45K he got for the RT anniversary, investments, etc.  In fact, he was so stressed out by his dire financial situation, trying to scrape pennies together, he spent last summer surfing with his family in Rhode Island.  You believe whatever you want.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »

Yeah, alright.  He's spent the past few years making money from a book he's written, income from the Flynn Intel business, multiple paid speaking fees like the $45K he got for the RT anniversary, investments, etc.  In fact, he was so stressed out by his dire financial situation, trying to scrape pennies together, he spent last summer surfing with his family in Rhode Island.  You believe whatever you want.

I believe what I see. The Trump-hating press does not, under any circumstance, support Trump-friendly anti-Mueller propaganda.  A person would have to be psychotic to believe that.  Nevertheless you claim to be the only person alive who has sleuthed out the truth about Flynn's finances. Everyone in the press has been duped but you are more knowledgeable than every single one of them.  Basic common sense says that is baloney.

Offline edpc

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2018, 06:16:33 pm »
I believe what I see. The Trump-hating press does not, under any circumstance, support Trump-friendly anti-Mueller propaganda.  A person would have to be psychotic to believe that.  Nevertheless you claim to be the only person alive who has sleuthed out the truth about Flynn's finances. Everyone in the press has been duped but you are more knowledgeable than every single one of them.  Basic common sense says that is baloney.

Basic common sense says a man with a 30+ year military career, with a six-figure retirement, who made a lot of money through lobbying, a book deal, speaking fees, consulting, and under reported $1.5M in income has more worth than you think.

Just because the hostile press isn't talking about something doesn't mean it's not true or didn't happen.  For instance, Jennings vs Rodriguez was decided in February.  It allowed the DOJ to indefinitely detain illegals, while hearings were pending.  Despite that, Trump was spending this spring blaming inadequate border enforcement on catch and release.  It was an obvious lie, since they were no longer bound by it, but you never heard about it.  Few are likely even aware of the case or decision.

The 'tree falls in the woods' philosophy with Flynn doesn't fly.  He was fired over a year ago.  He entered into the plea deal 7 months ago.  His former consultant service Flynn Intel Group has been dissolved.  For some reason you don't see him working at McDonald's or holding a tin cup on the corner, despite these 'dire' circumstances.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 06:20:22 pm »

Basic common sense says a man with a 30+ year military career, with a six-figure retirement, who made a lot of money through lobbying, a book deal, speaking fees, consulting, and under reported $1.5M in income has more worth than you think.

Just because the hostile press isn't talking about something doesn't mean it's not true or didn't happen.  For instance, Jennings vs Rodriguez was decided in February.  It allowed the DOJ to indefinitely detain illegals, while hearings were pending.  Despite that, Trump was spending this spring blaming inadequate border enforcement on catch and release.  It was an obvious lie, since they were no longer bound by it, but you never heard about it.  Few are likely even aware of the case or decision.

The 'tree falls in the woods' philosophy with Flynn doesn't fly.  He was fired over a year ago.  He entered into the plea deal 7 months ago.  His former consultant service Flynn Intel Group has been dissolved.  For some reason you don't see him working at McDonald's or holding a tin cup on the corner, despite these 'dire' circumstances.

Or requesting assignment of counsel.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2018, 06:28:29 pm »
Or requesting assignment of counsel.

If he did that, you would be the first to say he should have hired a better lawyer than a Public Defense attorney.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2018, 06:29:04 pm »
If he did that, you would be the first to say he should have hired a better lawyer than a Public Defense attorney.

If you say so. 

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2018, 06:35:58 pm »
I know so.  You said something just like that in the past half hour or so, on a similar topic, on the subject of court-ordered income servitude.

You know nothing of the sort.  In response to your whinging on about your child support payments, I suggested that perhaps you wouldn’t be paying so much if you’d hired a better lawyer. 

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »

Flynn's financial duress has been reported by more media outlets than I could ever conceivably have time to count. According to you they're all propagandizing for Flynn and against Mueller.

Sorry, but this exact 'logic' is one of the biggest reasons I'm so adamantly anti-Q. According to the Q cult, the more rationality/reason and common sense tells you something is false, the more likely it is to be true. That is the very essence of psychosis: looking at reality and believing that 'actual reality' is the opposite of what you see.

If you could link to a single reputable source backing your claim I would seriously examine it.  But I can't take it seriously otherwise. All the most whackadoodle, irrational conspiracy theories begin with the same premise: everybody else is wrong and I'm right. They're all deluded but I represent the cognoscenti.

Not buying.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2018, 06:49:19 pm »
Speaking of knowing nothing of the sort.  I have yet to "whing" about "my" child support.  In fact, I don't recall saying anything about ever paying that.

Then why are you so hot and bothered by it? 

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 07:02:56 pm »
It's possible to see injustice even when not directly affected by it.

That's true. For example, not everyone who opposes antisemitism is Jewish. Also, I've been reading the #Walkaway posts. Many liberals are turning on the Democrats exactly because of their unfair and relentless attacks on Trump.  The unhinged hatred of the Left is backfiring big time.

Oceander

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 07:05:43 pm »
It's possible to see injustice even when not directly affected by it.

And yet you see no injustice in forcing a woman into reproductive servitude, while demanding that the man be absolved of all responsibility. 

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 07:13:39 pm »
Where did I say I think it's OK to force a woman to do the act required to conceive a child? Wouldn't that be "rape?"  Once again, you are twisting words.  That may make you a fine lawyer, but that doesn't mean it makes you a find person.  Nor one worthy of arguing with.

Forcing a woman to continue with an unwanted pregnancy, and to raise the child on her own, is as much reproductive slavery as is forcing her to conceive in the first place.  I agree you never stated the latter, but you have definitely argued for the former.

And I think we should stop hijacking this thread now.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 07:34:59 pm »
Forcing a woman to continue with an unwanted pregnancy, and to raise the child on her own, is as much reproductive slavery as is forcing her to conceive in the first place.  I agree you never stated the latter, but you have definitely argued for the former.

And I think we should stop hijacking this thread now.

Next time there's an actual thread discussing abortion, could you give me a head's up? I'd like to contribute to that discussion,  but like you I'm not a big fan of thread hijacking.

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 07:38:03 pm »
Next time there's an actual thread discussing abortion, could you give me a head's up? I'd like to contribute to that discussion,  but like you I'm not a big fan of thread hijacking.

I agree.  I’m sorry.  I’ll self-report these posts to the Mods so they can remove them. 

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »
I agree.  I’m sorry.  I’ll self-report these posts to the Mods so they can remove them.

I wasn't criticizing you at all. The discussion veered, as they sometimes do. It's just that I actually would like to contribute some thoughts to the aforementioned topic, but in a more trenchant setting.

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 07:44:16 pm »
Flynn's financial duress has been reported by more media outlets than I could ever conceivably have time to count. According to you they're all propagandizing for Flynn and against Mueller.

Sorry, but this exact 'logic' is one of the biggest reasons I'm so adamantly anti-Q. According to the Q cult, the more rationality/reason and common sense tells you something is false, the more likely it is to be true. That is the very essence of psychosis: looking at reality and believing that 'actual reality' is the opposite of what you see.

If you could link to a single reputable source backing your claim I would seriously examine it.  But I can't take it seriously otherwise. All the most whackadoodle, irrational conspiracy theories begin with the same premise: everybody else is wrong and I'm right. They're all deluded but I represent the cognoscenti.

Not buying.

All of the reports about his financial situation stem from the sale of the Alexandria home and say so of family member sources.  What proof have they offered?  The site link you don't find credibile reports McCabe has a net worth of $11M.  Unlike Flynn, he has yet to be charged with a crime, much less agreed to a guilty plea for one.  Still, the government took specific, intentional action to harm him financially with the timing of his dismissal.  I certainly don't feel sorry for him, either.  Like Flynn, his own actions put him in his current position and they have consequences.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:46:17 pm by edpc »

Oceander

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 07:47:00 pm »
I wasn't criticizing you at all. The discussion veered, as they sometimes do. It's just that I actually would like to contribute some thoughts to the aforementioned topic, but in a more trenchant setting.

No worries.  You’re too kind. It was actually worthy of criticism because it did end up becoming a blatant hijack. You were actually quite civilized in pointing it out!

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:27 pm »

All of the reports about his financial situation stem from the sale of the Alexandria home and say so of family member sources.  What proof have they offered?  The site link you don't find credibile reports McCabe has a net worth of $11M.  Unlike Flynn, he has yet to be charged with a crime, much less agreed to a guilty plea for one.  Yet, the government took specific, intentional action to harm him financially with the timing of his dismissal.  I certainly don't feel sorry for him, either.  Like Flynn, his own actions put him in his current position and they have consequences.

I see a good business opportunity here. You can start a movement to do away with CPAs and audits completely.  Advertise yourself as such a keen financial analyst that you can know all there is to be known about a person's finances just by clicking a couple of sites. Offer to teach your mad skillz to others. Even at some very low cost--say  $19.99 per online tutorial--you'd still clean up.

The advanced tutorial, at $29.99, could include a Mueller is the Man hat/cap. Think it over. I can almost hear the seductive cha-ching of incoming cash; it's a niche market just waiting to be filled.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 08:00:08 pm »
No worries.  You’re too kind. It was actually worthy of criticism because it did end up becoming a blatant hijack. You were actually quite civilized in pointing it out!

Flattery will get you quite a lot, but I honestly didn't have even a smidgen of criticism in mind.

😊       :beer: