Author Topic: How Democrats Will Try To Stop Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee  (Read 216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Democrats Will Try To Stop Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee
4:26 PM 06/29/2018
Derek Hunter | Contributor

On the Friday video edition of The Daily Daily Caller Podcast, we talk to Brian Darling, who worked in the Senate for nearly 20 years and wrote the handbook on Senate rules that senators themselves use. He lays out how Democrats could exploit those rules to attempt to block any vote on President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy before the November election.

Democrats can’t stop a vote, but there are many tricks buried in the rules that govern the Senate that could slow the process significantly and we explore all of them.

video at link
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/29/podcast-brian-darling-democrats-trump-scotus-nominee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How Democrats Will Try To Stop Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »
McConnell need only keep the Senate in continuous session long enough to overcome all their tricks.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: How Democrats Will Try To Stop Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:15:41 pm »
I had thought McConnell himself, was an expert on rules, with a track record to prove it.

He needs help from fellow Republicans however.

If they fail to seat the replacement before the midterms, they will likely pick up a few more seats. No guarantee.

GOP Get Out the Vote video, "They Are Coming for You Next"

Video at 11, of Antifa professor beating a person, with a bike lock. And other assorted visual depictions, short, sweet and powerful.

And guess what? The dems figured it out a couple of days ago, and are backing off.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln