Author Topic: Gowdy On Special Counsel: ‘Finish It The Hell Up’  (Read 5746 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Gowdy On Special Counsel: ‘Finish It The Hell Up’
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2018, 12:46:10 am »

A swing and a miss.

Here is the cowardly Sessions in his own pathetic words:

'“I do not think we need to willy-nilly appoint special counsels,” Sessions said. “As we can see, it can really take on a life of its own.”
He added that the Department of Justice (DOJ) needs to “be disciplined and stay within our classical procedure and rules” before opening further investigations.'

Translation, it's okay to subject Trump to an out of control witch hunt, but lefty Jeff is too noble, too princely to subject anyone on the Left to the same treatment.  The 'honorable' [bol] Sessions is fine with throwing Trump to the wolves,  but he will protect Democrats from a similar fate at all costs.

Spit.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/385047-sessions-mueller-probe-has-taken-on-life-of-its-own

My apologies.  I misunderstood as to which recusal you were referring.  As to an investigation into the Clintons, you realize he said this 'willy nilly' comment a year after he already announced, loudly and clearly during his confirmation hearing, that he would recuse himself from any investigation into Clinton, right?

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:50:18 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2018, 12:47:12 am »
Congress can not indict, all congress can do is reveal to the American people the crap that is going
on in DC and else where. Gowdy is very good at doing that. He would make a great Attorney General
I'd trade him for Sessions in a New York second.

Of course Congress can't indict.  That's precisely why I asked "Did I miss the indictments that came out of Gowdy's 2.5 year investigation?"  He obviously didn't "reveal" anything that the "law and order" Administration felt compelled to indict now did he?  I don't think anyone else will EVER be indicted over Benghazi.  Do you?
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2018, 12:55:26 am »
I saw that.  Gowdy was tough and effective.

I thought he also sounded at the end of his rope---like he just couldn't find the words any more to describe this shit --- although he did give best, most succinct summary of what the hell's been going on since Donald Trump won.

@Emjay

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2018, 12:58:20 am »

My apologies.  I misunderstood as to which recusal you were referring.  As to an investigation into the Clintons, you realize he said this 'willy nilly' comment a year after he already announced, loudly and clearly during his confirmation hearing, that he would recuse himself from any investigation into Clinton, right?

! No longer available

A, my former post said nothing about recusal,  and B, the link primarily concerns bias at the DOJ. If Sessions is unable [via recusal] to appoint a SC to investigate bias at the DOJ then his refusal to resign is corruption at its worst.

'Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday defended his decision not to appoint a second special counsel to investigate alleged bias in the Justice Department, saying the current probe into Russia's election meddling has already taken "on a life of its own."'

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/385047-sessions-mueller-probe-has-taken-on-life-of-its-own

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2018, 01:01:55 am »
   Don Jr., Kushner and Manafort were in that meeting with the Russian lawyer in Trump Tower and Sessions knows who gave the OK for it, reason for his recusal.

Hypothetical:
   A: The Russians did have hellarys server emails and/or the DNC's hack as they hinted AND they trusted Trump
   B: The campaign promptly releases them to wikileaks and wins bigly, even the popular vote and has the biggest inauguration since Abe Lincoln.   

Would that have been considered 'collusion', that was the whole purpose of the 'original' meeting?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2018, 01:26:42 am »
   Don Jr., Kushner and Manafort were in that meeting with the Russian lawyer in Trump Tower and Sessions knows who gave the OK for it, reason for his recusal.

Hypothetical:
   A: The Russians did have hellarys server emails and/or the DNC's hack as they hinted AND they trusted Trump
   B: The campaign promptly releases them to wikileaks and wins bigly, even the popular vote and has the biggest inauguration since Abe Lincoln.   

Would that have been considered 'collusion', that was the whole purpose of the 'original' meeting?

It has all the earmarks of an Obama DOJ setup:

'Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, questioned Wednesday how the Russian attorney who met with Donald Trump Jr. last year entered the United States after being denied a visa previously.

"She shouldn't have been in the country," Grassley, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, said on Fox News' "Fox & Friends" Wednesday morning.

snip

Grassley said that he informed the departments that Veselnitskaya had been allowed to enter the U.S. in 2015 [under an extremely rare special circumstances visa], but that permission had expired by January 2016, months before the meeting.

"And if there'd been enforcement of the immigration laws she wouldn't have been in the country," he said. "The other thing, if she was representing a foreign government … she wasn't registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act as well."

Read Newsmax: Grassley: How Did Russian Lawyer Who Met Trump Jr. Get Into US?

Online corbe

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2018, 01:46:16 am »
   I get that @Fantasywriter, legally she wasn't even suppose to be 'In Country' and I give the Trump Campaign some benefit of the doubt in not attempting to vet her immigration status or her foreign lobbyist credentials, they were too blinded by the prospect of having hellary's emails for the advantage of the US Presidential Campaign.
   Regardless of whether these amateurs in all that chaos were sucked in by the NSA/CIA/FBI...whatever, It would absolutely be considered 'COLLUSION' by any standard in this Country and THAT's what they were pursuing,  #MAGA.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2018, 01:58:30 am »
   I get that @Fantasywriter, legally she wasn't even suppose to be 'In Country' and I give the Trump Campaign some benefit of the doubt in not attempting to vet her immigration status or her foreign lobbyist credentials, they were too blinded by the prospect of having hellary's emails for the advantage of the US Presidential Campaign.
   Regardless of whether these amateurs in all that chaos were sucked in by the NSA/CIA/FBI...whatever, It would absolutely be considered 'COLLUSION' by any standard in this Country and THAT's what they were pursuing,  #MAGA.

If there was any attempt by Veselnitskaya to influence the election why hasn't Mueller indicted her?

Offline edpc

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2018, 02:36:07 am »

A, my former post said nothing about recusal,  and B, the link primarily concerns bias at the DOJ. If Sessions is unable [via recusal] to appoint a SC to investigate bias at the DOJ then his refusal to resign is corruption at its worst.

'Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday defended his decision not to appoint a second special counsel to investigate alleged bias in the Justice Department, saying the current probe into Russia's election meddling has already taken "on a life of its own."'

You're forgetting C, which is whataboutism that occurred prior to the election doesn't negate the fact people like Manafort engaged in activities that had nothing to do with anything related to the dossier or nefarious conduct that can be attributed to the 'deep state.'  It's just an Alamo last stand position to take when it's obviously indefensible. 

The fact of the matter is Sessions, Rosenstein, and Wray are all Trump appointees.  At some point, you'll have to decide if the president is the biggest dupe to ever hold office or if his judgement is the problem.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2018, 02:50:36 am »

You're forgetting C, which is whataboutism that occurred prior to the election doesn't negate the fact people like Manafort engaged in activities that had nothing to do with anything related to the dossier or nefarious conduct that can be attributed to the 'deep state.'  It's just an Alamo last stand position to take when it's obviously indefensible. 

The fact of the matter is Sessions, Rosenstein, and Wray are all Trump appointees.  At some point, you'll have to decide if the president is the biggest dupe to ever hold office or if his judgement is the problem.

So if Sessions fundamentally misrepresented himself, that's Trump's fault?

Is it really?

I read an article well over a year ago that stated Sessions lobbied hard for Rosenstein. He told Trump he needed a Deputy he could work with. Trump bought that argument,  still believing Sessions was trustworthy.  As soon as Trump learned otherwise he broached the possibility of firing Sessions.  Grassley and a slew of other GOP establishment types went haywire and promised to unleash h@ly hell on Trump if he touched a hair on Sessions' head. I guess corruption in the Senate is Trump's fault too.

Wray had been in private practice for many years when Trump picked him. Idk how one could reliably predict that a person with that background would instantly side with a corrupt FBI over the POTUS.  Maybe it would take a mindreader; I just don't know.

Online corbe

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2018, 02:50:40 am »

If there was any attempt by Veselnitskaya to influence the election why hasn't Mueller indicted her?

Maybe he realizes that indicting Russians, like the 13 he has already indicted don't amount to $hit.

Who knows, maybe Trump will negotiate their extradition with Putin in Helenski next month.

I'm not saying collusion happened or can even be proved at this point but it's certainly not above suspicion, unless your on the Trump Train which is OK by me.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2018, 03:09:38 am »
   Maybe he realizes that indicting Russians, like the 13 he has already indicted don't amount to $hit.

Who knows, maybe Trump will negotiate their extradition with Putin in Helenski next month.

I'm not saying collusion happened or can even be proved at this point but it's certainly not above suspicion, unless your on the Trump Train which is OK by me.

If Veselnitskaya was in any way attempting to influence the election then she should be indicted. Otherwise Mueller is applying the law in a wholly biased and corrupt way.

If Veselnitskaya was not attempting to influence the election then then a big part of Mueller's investigation is a sham/witch hunt. He is investigating a meeting on the basis of Russian collusion in which it is known a priori that no collusion took place.

Online corbe

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2018, 03:20:55 am »
    @Fantasywriter we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.  Being a so called NT'er here (whatever that is today), I believe the intent in the 'O'riginal meeting was Collusion and of course I realize hellary and the DNC were much more in tune with the Russians than Trump ever even hoped to be.  Putin didn't think Trump would win and was hedging his bets like everyone at the aforementioned NSA/CIA/FBI.   

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2018, 03:25:26 am »
    @Fantasywriter we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.  Being a so called NT'er here (whatever that is today), I believe the intent in the 'O'riginal meeting was Collusion and of course I realize hellary and the DNC were much more in tune with the Russians than Trump ever even hoped to be.  Putin didn't think Trump would win and was hedging his bets like everyone at the aforementioned NSA/CIA/FBI.   

If the original intent of the meeting was collusion then why hasn't Veselnitskaya been indicted? Do you believe that if two people break the law, one should be investigated, indicted etc., and the other one skate based solely on their respective political affiliations?

Online corbe

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2018, 03:38:16 am »

If the original intent of the meeting was collusion then why hasn't Veselnitskaya been indicted? Do you believe that if two people break the law, one should be investigated, indicted etc., and the other one skate based solely on their respective political affiliations?

What good would it do to subpoena or indict Veselnitskaya, when she is a Russian National with ties to the KGB, Mueller's already indicted 13 Russians that colluded in our election to no avail.  No different than obummer colluding in Brexit, Ukraine and Israel's elections, we all do it. 
   I do not disagree with you that perhaps it's a witch hunt, I just want it to play out IN A MORE REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME because if Trump shuts it down by firing people ~ He looks Guilty. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2018, 03:39:18 am »
Christopher Wray and Rod Rosenstein both had to be rushed to emergency proctology to have their ass#s sewn up after Gowdy tore them new ones. *look*

Fortunately both Trump appointees retain their medical coverage because only the President of the United States has the power to fire them #DrainTheSwamp

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2018, 03:41:46 am »

The entire world on Gowdy’s beard:  ‘shave it the hell off.’

Isn't Trey the same guy who gets routinely mocked for being all talk - no action, was questioned for being compromised after the document meeting, and spent 2 years investigating Benghazi, only to produce nothing? 

But now, suddenly, he's some kind of tell it like it is badass, as he's on his way out the door.

Love Trey, love him not....

He's only got a couple months of work left since he ain't running for re-election.  He might be on vacation in his mind already.

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2018, 03:48:22 am »
   What good would it do to subpoena or indict Veselnitskaya, when she is a Russian National with ties to the KGB, Mueller's already indicted 13 Russians that colluded in our election to no avail.  No different than obummer colluding in Brexit, Ukraine and Israel's elections, we all do it. 
   I do not disagree with you that perhaps it's a witch hunt, I just want it to play out IN A MORE REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME because if Trump shuts it down by firing people ~ He looks Guilty.

Why would Mueller indict 13 relatively obscure Russians and not either indict Veselnitskaya prior to or concomitantly with the others? He knew about her early in the investigation.  Why did she get a pass?

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2018, 03:54:02 am »

Why would Mueller indict 13 relatively obscure Russians and not either indict Veselnitskaya prior to or concomitantly with the others? He knew about her early in the investigation.  Why did she get a pass?

He's waiting until closer to Nov to reveal indictments maybe?

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2018, 04:05:55 am »
He's waiting until closer to Nov to reveal indictments maybe?

I have zero confidence in Mueller to pursue Veselnitskaya in any way, shape or form.  His signature move so far has been to throw the book at Trump supporters while turning a blind eye to Hillary supporters.  Take Podesta, for example.  He did exactly what Manafort did in terms of foreign lobbying.  But he is untouched--why?

Is Tony Podesta The Next Lobbyist To Be Indicted By Mueller?
by Colin Kalmbacher | 4:18 pm, October 30th, 2017

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/is-tony-podesta-the-next-lobbyist-to-be-indicted-by-mueller/

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2018, 04:57:18 am »

Btw, when it comes to very bad picks, I will give you Gina Haspel.  How on earth Trump could imagine Brennan's bff would be a good idea for running the CIA is a mystery.  Brennan is maybe the only Deep Stater worse than Clapper and Comey. Anybody who has earned his imprimatur should be shunned. This is jmo, fwiw.

Offline edpc

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2018, 06:23:45 am »

So if Sessions fundamentally misrepresented himself, that's Trump's fault?

Is it really?

I read an article well over a year ago that stated Sessions lobbied hard for Rosenstein. He told Trump he needed a Deputy he could work with. Trump bought that argument,  still believing Sessions was trustworthy.  As soon as Trump learned otherwise he broached the possibility of firing Sessions.  Grassley and a slew of other GOP establishment types went haywire and promised to unleash h@ly hell on Trump if he touched a hair on Sessions' head. I guess corruption in the Senate is Trump's fault too.

Wray had been in private practice for many years when Trump picked him. Idk how one could reliably predict that a person with that background would instantly side with a corrupt FBI over the POTUS.  Maybe it would take a mindreader; I just don't know.

The entire reason he chose Sessions was because the original AG offer went to Giuliani, but he wanted SoS.  On Rudy's recommendation, he chose Sessions.  Giuliani is obviously someone Trump still trusts after the Sessions debacle, since he's been out there speaking on Trump's behalf about the Mueller probe and Daniels lawsuit.  Wray was interviewed directly by Trump before.the appointment.  Sessions had been with the campaign since practically day one.  He asked Rosenstein to write the memo concerning Comey's conduct. 

The president has completely misread at least 3 people he appointed to his administration.  We were told, prior to the Singapore meeting, he could walk into the room and get a feel for Kim in then first minute.  According to the.president, he's that good.  Yet, he's received bad advice on Sessions, then sends that same advisor out to make one gaffe after another concerning his legal situation.  I just have a really hard time finding Trump's judgement isn't part of the problem in this situation.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 06:26:52 am by edpc »

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2018, 08:37:49 am »

The entire reason he chose Sessions was because the original AG offer went to Giuliani, but he wanted SoS. 

Simply stating things doesn't make them true. A lot of mythology re Trump gets passed around, particularly by Trump-haters, and before long it's considered fact. Except that it isn't.

For starters, please provide a link or links to establish the above claims. Not some, 'I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend,' dodge, but actual links.

After I've evaluated your facts and evidence,  we'll proceed.

Offline edpc

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2018, 10:05:00 am »

Simply stating things doesn't make them true. A lot of mythology re Trump gets passed around, particularly by Trump-haters, and before long it's considered fact. Except that it isn't.

For starters, please provide a link or links to establish the above claims. Not some, 'I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend,' dodge, but actual links.

After I've evaluated your facts and evidence,  we'll proceed.

You could always try looking it up yourself, if you're skeptical of something.  It was only one month ago when he said it.

Giuliani said he also turned down the president's offer to be his attorney general.

"He offered it to me," Giuliani told HuffPost. "I didn't take it because I wanted to be secretary of state. I recommended Jeff as the perfect guy to do it."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/863228?section=politics&keywords=rudy-giuliani-recusal-attorney-general-special-counsel&year=2018&month=05&date=30&id=863228&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

Offline Fantasywriter

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »

You could always try looking it up yourself, if you're skeptical of something.  It was only one month ago when he said it.

Giuliani said he also turned down the president's offer to be his attorney general.

"He offered it to me," Giuliani told HuffPost. "I didn't take it because I wanted to be secretary of state. I recommended Jeff as the perfect guy to do it."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/863228?section=politics&keywords=rudy-giuliani-recusal-attorney-general-special-counsel&year=2018&month=05&date=30&id=863228&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.searcgymh.yahoo.com

I read your link. It confirms that Giuliani supported Sessions as AG. But it does NOT confirm what you said. Specifically, you said the ONLY reason Trump picked Sessions is because Giuliani recommended him. A, your link comes nowhere close to establishing that, and B, Trump himself has never, ever confirmed or intimated that the sole reason he picked Sessions is because Giuliani recommended him.

To put a finer point on it. Even if Giuliani claimed to have wielded sole/100% power over Trump's AG pick, it wouldn't prove the case. This is bc Trump,  not Giuliani, made the choice. Only Trump can conclusively confirm whether he had multiple reasons for the selection or whether he chose in such a vacuum that Giuliani's recommendation was the one and only factor.

Personally I cannot and will never believe that Trump took no other information into consideration. It strikes me as bizarre to even imagine that Trump had no input of his own and only one advisor in the whole world [on a decision of such magnitude]. I could believe the flat earth theory about as readily as I'd believe that scenario.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:56:12 pm by Fantasywriter »