Author Topic: BREAKING!! Multiple Fatalities In News Room Shooting In Maryland  (Read 6725 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: BREAKING!! Multiple Fatalities In News Room Shooting In Maryland
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2018, 01:16:31 am »
Alas, relief unfolds, when it is learned the perp. was apparently not inspired by political positions, either right or left.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 01:50:14 am »
How do we know the Milo news didn't set this guy off? If he heard about it, that is.
Still, 60,000,000 Trump voters, who knows if this guy even did it but conceivably, he could have heard about the tweet, if he is a real news junkie like some of us are.
@TomSea

It would be good if Trump stopped saying the press is the real enemy of the people.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2018, 01:52:35 am »
Alas, relief unfolds, when it is learned the perp. was apparently not inspired by political positions, either right or left.

As is the case 9 times out of 10.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2018, 01:56:18 am »
Yeah. Niutjob who looks like he wanted to do this for years.

Archive of the Twitter to validate the name wasn't changed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151213124819/http://twitter.com/EricHartleyFrnd

Yep... flipping through it now, he pictured himself once on Twitter...

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2018, 02:00:45 am »
Yep... flipping through it now, he pictured himself once on Twitter...

So his last name is "Ramos" but he's "Non-Hispanic".

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2018, 02:02:11 am »
As is the case 9 times out of 10.
I've read  about many of these shootings over the decades. It seems most of the time the perp had a grudge and took it out on more than just one person.
There are some people who think these nut's names should not be revealed to discourage copycat  killers. But it seems that these multiple shootings are rarely copycat killings but more likely grudge killings.
And, of course, in the last fifteen years we've had quite a few religious killings by the usual suspects who cannot be named by p.c. types.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2018, 02:15:19 am »

If his ancestry is directly from Spain, they usually don't classify themselves as Hispanic.  Mostly, because of the US govt categorization.

A 1997 notice by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget defined Hispanic or Latino persons as being "persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Central and South America, and other Spanish cultures."

They're snobby about it in the same way people in France don't consider people in Quebec truly French or people in Portugal don't consider Brazilians to be Portuguese.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:18:14 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2018, 02:17:52 am »
@TomSea

It would be good if Trump stopped saying the press is the real enemy of the people.

Limbo has said it for over 25 years.

Around 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam. The press/media lied, saying they were losing, that it was futile, anc changed public opinion, turning it against finishing the war.

The press routinely presents biased news stories, biased editorials, rigged polls.

The press covered up JFKs exploites, since it fit their agenda to portray him favorably.

TThe press wants the opposite political results from conservatives. Therefore the press is the enemy of coonservatism.

It is fine with me for Trump, or Reagan, to simply state the truth.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2018, 02:29:19 am »

If his ancestry is directly from Spain, they usually don't classify themselves as Hispanic.  Mostly, because of the US govt categorization.

A 1997 notice by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget defined Hispanic or Latino persons as being "persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Central and South America, and other Spanish cultures."

They're snobby about it in the same way people in France don't consider people in Quebec truly French or people in Portugal don't consider Brazilians to be Portuguese.

Surname is not a definitive or controlling factor. Ethnic categories are usually self selected, like Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico.

Or Squaw Warren, from the Big Talk tribe of Massachusetts.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2018, 02:33:32 am »
So some of the stories say, he previously sent out threats on social media.  Looks like another head case, I'd like to know what his particular gripe with the newspaper was.... that sounds strange in itself, one can sue, the NY Times or CNN but some tiny little newspaper?  Maybe it's not even a daily.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2018, 02:33:46 am »

Limbo has said it for over 25 years.

Around 58,000 Americans died in Vietnam. The press/media lied, saying they were losing, that it was futile, anc changed public opinion, turning it against finishing the war.

The press routinely presents biased news stories, biased editorials, rigged polls.

The press covered up JFKs exploites, since it fit their agenda to portray him favorably.

TThe press wants the opposite political results from conservatives. Therefore the press is the enemy of coonservatism.

It is fine with me for Trump, or Reagan, to simply state the truth.

So have I and I fully intend to keep right on saying it because it's true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2018, 02:38:19 am »
Well his second tweet on that account (Nov 19th 2011) he was looking to get his google search results up. I guess he did succeed on that one mission.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2018, 02:41:52 am »

Going just by last name doesn't mean much any more, not that it matters. I have a Scottish friend with the last name Nevarez.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2018, 02:48:34 am »
In Highlander, Sean Connery was an Egyptian named Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2018, 02:51:38 am »
In Highlander, Sean Connery was an Egyptian named Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez.

Lol.with the absolute best Egyptian accent ever.

Offline ABX

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2018, 02:56:36 am »
So some of the stories say, he previously sent out threats on social media.  Looks like another head case, I'd like to know what his particular gripe with the newspaper was.... that sounds strange in itself, one can sue, the NY Times or CNN but some tiny little newspaper?  Maybe it's not even a daily.

Here you go.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ph-ac-cn-jarrod-ramos-ruling-0923-20150922-story.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2018, 03:09:29 am »
Your wisdom is only exceeded by your kind heart and gentle manners.
 :seeya:

Thank you, sir.   ***blushing***

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2018, 03:14:08 am »
Thank you, sir.   ***blushing***

OMG! A different emoji!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2018, 03:41:52 am »
https://www.thechesapeaketoday.com/2018/06/28/murder-usa-shooting-in-annapolis-gazette-newsroom-resulted-in-multiple-fatalities-according-to-anne-arundel-sheriff-ron-bateman-shotgun-suspect-in-custody/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ramos-search-20180628-story.html

“He was distant from the family. He just wasn’t close to anybody,” she said.

In the 2011 column about the harassment charge, Hartley identified Jarrod Ramos as a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics employee with no previous criminal record and a degree in computer engineering.

The harassment case centered on an online relationship Ramos tried to kindle with a former high school classmate. Hartley’s column said Ramos sent a friend request on Facebook to the woman, and the experience turned into a “yearlong nightmare.” Ramos allegedly wrote the woman and said she was the only person who ever said hello to him or was nice to him in school.

Ramos then allegedly called her vulgar names and told her to kill herself, Hartley wrote. He allegedly emailed the bank where she worked to get her fired. Ramos pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor harassment charge, receiving probation from a judge who called his behavior “rather bizarre,” the column said.

Ramos’ subsequent defamation suit against The Capital worked its way through the Maryland courts until 2015, when the state’s second-highest court upheld a ruling in favor of the newspaper.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:03:30 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2018, 03:51:38 am »
From  https://www.thechesapeaketoday.com/2018/06/28/murder-usa-shooting-in-annapolis-gazette-newsroom-resulted-in-multiple-fatalities-according-to-anne-arundel-sheriff-ron-bateman-shotgun-suspect-in-custody/
FIVE DEAD – John McNamara, Bowie/Crofton/West County
Rob Hiaasen, Assistant Editor/News
Wendi Winters, Writer
Gerald Fischman
Rebecca Smith, newly hired reporter

Rob Hiaasen a columnist and editor at the Annapolis Gazette was murdered in newsroom massacre.

John McNamara murdered in newsroom massacre in Annapolis on June 28, 2018.

Wendi Winters murdered in newsroom massacre in at the Annapolis Gazette on June 28, 2018.

Gerald Fischman murdered in Annapolis Gazette newsroom massacre on June 28, 2018.

Rebecca Smith murdered by Jarrod W. Ramos in the newsroom of Annapolis Gazette on June 28, 2018.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:01:31 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2018, 04:06:08 am »
From https://www.thechesapeaketoday.com/2018/06/28/murder-usa-shooting-in-annapolis-gazette-newsroom-resulted-in-multiple-fatalities-according-to-anne-arundel-sheriff-ron-bateman-shotgun-suspect-in-custody/

INJURED: Rachael Pacella is the Naval Academy and education reporter for the Capital Gazette. She previously worked for the Baltimore Sun Media group.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:07:55 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2018, 12:50:06 pm »

Though he did tweet this:

“Referring to @realDonaldTrump as ‘unqualified,’” he tweeted at the newspaper in 2015, “@capgaznews could end badly (again).”
+++++++++

Offline ABX

« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:13 pm »
Though he did tweet this:

To be fair though, he seemed to have an obsession with news slandering people like he claims happened to him. We don't know if that really is a tweet of support or just an example be thinks he can relate to.