Author Topic: Kelly expected to leave White House this summer: WSJ  (Read 330 times)

Online corbe

Kelly expected to leave White House this summer: WSJ
« on: June 28, 2018, 08:12:13 pm »
Kelly expected to leave White House this summer: WSJ

By Brett Samuels - 06/28/18 03:20 PM EDT

White House chief of staff John Kelly is expected to leave his post sometime this summer, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The paper reported that Kelly could leave his role as early as this week or after President Trump returns from a scheduled trip to Europe next month.

Trump will travel to Brussels from July 11 to 12 for a NATO conference, followed by a trip on July 13 to the United Kingdom. He is scheduled to meet with Russian Vladimir Putin on July 16 in Finland.

Trump has also spoken in recent weeks with advisers about potential replacements, the Journal reported. Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney is considered a favorite for the role, as is Nick Ayers, who currently serves as chief of staff to Vice President Pence.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/394686-kelly-expected-to-leave-white-house-this-summer-wsj
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Re: Kelly expected to leave White House this summer: WSJ
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »
If I were him, I would leave. I don't think Trump listens to him anyway. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »
If I were him, I would leave. I don't think Trump listens to him anyway.

To be honest, it really isn't Trump's job to listen to Kelly.  It's Kelly's job to listen to Trump.  He's Chief of Staff, not a substantive policy advisor.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:11:29 am »
To be honest, it really isn't Trump's job to listen to Kelly.  It's Kelly's job to listen to Trump.  He's Chief of Staff, not a substantive policy advisor.

The primary job of the chief of staff is to manage the issues and personnel, then determine what comes to the executive for discussion. In that role, it’s required for him to be a confidant and an advisor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
Yeah right. He was supposed to leave last year, then last month, now the MSM is telling me he is leaving in 6 years from now. How about waiting for something to actually happen and then report on it instead of manufacturing news.