Author Topic: Flake: I won't oppose Trump's Supreme Court pick over tariffs  (Read 482 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Flake: I won't oppose Trump's Supreme Court pick over tariffs
The Hill, Jun 28, 2018, Aris Folley

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said he won’t withhold support for President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee as a bargaining chip to secure action on tariffs.

"There are lots of folks out there who assume because I've not been in line with lots of the president's policies, and certainly haven't condoned his behavior, that I should oppose everything, every one of the president's nominees or whatever. I've never taken that position," Flake told The Arizona Republic in an interview published Thursday.

The senator's remarks arrive a week after he was said to be considering whether to block votes on Trump’s appellate court nominations in efforts to secure action on tariffs and travel restrictions to Cuba.

"My goal here is not to block judges,” the retiring Republican lawmaker said. “My goal is to get a vote on tariffs, and I have all the leverage I need with circuit court nominees.”

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/394610-flake-i-wont-oppose-trumps-supreme-court-picks-over-tariffs

Offline skeeter

Re: Flake: I won't oppose Trump's Supreme Court pick over tariffs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:08:09 pm »
I haven't heard too much conciliatory talk from this guy. I wonder what his internal polling is saying.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 06:42:16 pm »
I haven't heard too much conciliatory talk from this guy. I wonder what his internal polling is saying.

The polling at the Cyber Liberty household (in his District) says he's FOS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 06:48:02 pm »

Flake no longer has to concern himself with polls---angry citizens may be another story.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 07:04:53 pm »
Flake no longer has to concern himself with polls---angry citizens may be another story.

Angry citizens and polls is how he got to be an early lame duck.  The questions about him pulling the Prosecutor's strings to get his kid off the 23 charges of animal cruelty persist.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »

Yeah, he can probably grasp that McCain, is not going out at the top, in terms of his reputation with Republicans/Conservatives.

So trying o fill McCain's hoes, at the maverick/contrarian on CNN-MSNBC may not have a very long shelf life.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 07:24:05 pm »
Yeah, he can probably grasp that McCain, is not going out at the top, in terms of his reputation with Republicans/Conservatives.

So trying o fill McCain's hoes, at the maverick/contrarian on CNN-MSNBC may not have a very long shelf life.

He doesn't care about his "reputation with Republicans/Conservatives."  He discovered the leniency granted to McCain doesn't extend to him.  He was crashing and burning in his reelection.
I will NOT comply.