Author Topic: 2 Parkland baseball coaches who failed to confront Nikolas Cruz first to lose jobs over massacre  (Read 1069 times)

Offline thackney

2 Parkland baseball coaches who failed to confront Nikolas Cruz first to lose jobs over massacre
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/27/2-parkland-baseball-coaches-who-failed-to-confront-nikolas-cruz-first-to-lose-jobs-over-massacre.html

...Broward County Superintendent Robert Runcie announced Tuesday that assistant baseball coaches Andrew Medina and David Taylor won’t return to their full-time jobs as security monitors this coming year at the Parkland, Fla., school, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

During the Feb. 14 attack, the unarmed Medina said he saw Cruz exit an Uber and enter the campus carrying a black bag, but did not confront him or lock down the school. At the time, Cruz had been expelled from the school and banned from being on campus.

Medina reportedly said that when he saw the mass shooting suspect seemingly "beelining" for the 1200 building — the location where the shooting, which killed 15 students and 2 adults, unfolded — he warned other campus security guards, but did nothing to stop him.

One of them, Taylor, then reportedly hid in a janitor’s closet as Cruz opened fire.

Aaron Feis, a school security guard and a football coach, was shot to death after he confronted Cruz and shielded other students as they escaped....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Slide Rule

Hid in a closet?

How proactive!

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Question of the Day....    Which is a bigger low life....

(1) These Coaches who hid in the closet?

(2) David Hogg who is exploiting this tragedy for his own personal gain?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

You can add:

(3)  Deputy Peterson, who is collecting a fat pension for cowardice.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Color me skeptical, these firings will stand, after their union weighs in.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

Which is a bigger low life....

(3)  Deputy Peterson, who is collecting a fat pension for cowardice.
Yes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

All of the above.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I read weasley words in here as the Supt does not in fact say they will not be back.

They may just be part time instead.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goodwithagun

That explains why Medina wasn’t fired for sexually harassing two students, including one who is, God rest her soul, dead at the hands of Cruz. High school athletics trumps everything.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I will bet dollars to donuts that a few women teachers saw Cruz also, but it was above their pay grade.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goodwithagun

I will bet dollars to donuts that a few women teachers saw Cruz also, but it was above their pay grade.

I’m a female inner city school teacher. You better make a different bet, because many female teachers actually care about the students.  Many coaches only care about their records.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

I’m a female inner city school teacher. You better make a different bet, because many female teachers actually care about the students.  Many coaches only care about their records.

Has there been any response from the teachers union yet about the supreme court ruling concerning dues?

Offline goodwithagun

Has there been any response from the teachers union yet about the supreme court ruling concerning dues?

Since I’ve not yet received an email, I’m guessing they’re still deciding on how to spin this. I’m in the Ohio Valley, so we’ve seen our share of anti right to work propaganda. It’s actually humorous because the billboards state, “Right to work is wrong.” Lol! Really? Poor wording!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:02:18 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

Since I’ve not yet received an email, I’m guessing they’re still deciding on how to spin this. I’m in the Ohio Valley, so we’ve seen our share of anti right to work propaganda. It’s actually humorous because the billboards state, “Right to work is wrong.” Lol! Really? Poor wording!

I used to see this on 315N in downtown Columbus, when I lived there.

Offline goodwithagun

Oh wow.  I take pride in being an infiltrator. Nobody can Sharpie up a propaganda poster in the lounge like this gal. And you know what? More people are agreeing with me!
I stand with Roosgirl.