Author Topic: Americans blame law-breaking parents, not Trump, for border separation  (Read 394 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Americans blame law-breaking parents, not Trump, for border separation
The Hill, Jun 26, 2018, Jen Kerns

A new Rasmussen poll finds that the majority of American voters blame parents who choose to illegally cross the border – not the Trump administration — for the children’s crisis along the southern United States border.

<snip>

The new poll spells trouble for democrats who — in the wake of President Donald Trump’s surprising success in a range of areas including North Korea, jobs and the economy — appear to have pinned their hopes for the 2018 midterm elections on, well, pinning a border crisis on Trump.  Yet, voters across America are not falling for it.

A whopping 82 percent of Republicans believe illegal immigrant parents are more to blame than Trump for creating the crisis. (An unsurprising) 60 percent of Democrats still blame Trump.

However, the most surprising figure comes from independent likely voters.  A stunning 56 percent of independent voters not affiliated with either of the two major parties believes that parents are also more to blame for the crisis.  This key figure shattering the 50 percent threshold is significant – especially in light of the 2018 midterm races in which Democrats intended to make Trump the big, bad, racist boogeyman.

Not only do independents and Republicans side with Trump on the matter, but 54 percent of all likely voters also agree with a key Trump statement that, “The United States will not be a migrant camp. And it will not be a refugee-holding facility – it won’t be.”

White males and likely voters over 40 agreed with Trump, but surprisingly so did other voters including minorities. In fact, African Americans – usually a solid voting bloc for Democrats – were equally divided on the issue.

More  http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/394244-americans-blame-law-breaking-parents-not-trump-for-border-separation

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Is this too good to be true?  Is America finally waking up and getting their heads out of the sand??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.