Author Topic: Mitt Romney comes in second place at Utah GOP convention, forced into primary  (Read 2586 times)

Offline dfwgator

Romney, who is also the former Massachusetts governor and GOP presidential candidate, defeated his challenger, Dr. Mike Kennedy, a state lawmaker. Romney captured roughly 75 percent of the vote, according to FOX 13’s early analysis of numbers.

http://fox13now.com/2018/06/26/mitt-romney-wins-utah-gop-primary-race-against-mike-kennedy/

Guess they like their carpetbaggers in Utah.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Guess so.  And they could have elected a real republican.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Milt is a loser. He is going to fail again trying to win another elected position. Delightful.
I wonder, when Mitt loses this election, will his son give another interview saying his dad didn't want to win anyway?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mitt Romney will handily defeat the democrat in November, and be seated in the Senate.

Like it or not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@Frank Cannon
Been waiting for a couple of months to post a reply...yep your boy sure is popular and getting his clock cleaned... :silly:
https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2018/06/27/mitt-romney-takes-huge/
@montanajoe

Me, too, I knew Utah would vote Romney in a big way.  Not surprised of the over 70%. To predict the outcome of an election, you need to know the will (behavior) of the people in the past, not use the fact that you don't like the guy so he is going to lose.  Some on this forum speak from emotion, not fact, when it comes to predicting outcome of elections. Predicting the outcome of elections as close as possible, was part of my job when I worked for the Republican Party.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mitt Romney will handily defeat the democrat in November, and be seated in the Senate.

Like it or not.
Any possibility of a Reverse McMullin? (That a Trumpist tries to run third party?)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Victoria33

Any possibility of a Reverse McMullin? (That a Trumpist tries to run third party?)
@jmyrlefuller

Third parties hold their conventions in July when they select their candidates.  Their candidates' names are then put on the ballot.  There is also a cut off date by which a write-in candidate can submit his/her name to qualify as a write-in.  No other write-ins are counted on election day.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

They do.   Especially when they are Ruling Class Royalty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Applewood

Romney had to win.  The liberal Republicans will eventually lose John McCain.  They needed a replacement to tell us conservatives how rotten we are.