Author Topic: Not I, said the discriminatory Red Hen  (Read 634 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not I, said the discriminatory Red Hen
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:00 am »
Not I, said the discriminatory Red Hen
Washington Examiner, Jun 26, 2018, Editorial Staff

It was serendipitous timing that the Supreme Court issued its order, instructing Washington's state Supreme Court to reconsider its ruling against Arlene’s Flowers, as debate raged over a Virginia restaurant that refused to serve dinner to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.

<snip>

The tale of the Red Hen is, in contrast, one of outright discrimination. It could have been analagous to the cases that went to the Surpreme Court only if, for example, the White House wanted to book a special dinner to celebrate “Sarah Sanders’ brave role in serving the American people.” If a restaurant owner objected, and thus refused to be implicated in such an event, that would be a matter of conscience.

Sanders, however, was there simply to have dinner. She was asking to be treated the same way as every other customer. Serving her dinner would not have expressed agreement or acceptance of her work. It would simply have been selling her the restaurant's goods and services, the way it does to everyone else. Nobody was being asked to endorse or participate in anything Sanders was doing.

But there's a more important insight here. The distinction made by most people between refusing to serve the person and refusing to participate in his activity is not one made broadly on the Left. The notion of a human as a human, separated from his or her politics, is not one that today's revved-up Left tolerates. You are your politics.

Read more:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/the-tale-of-sarah-sanders-and-the-red-hen

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Not I, said the discriminatory Red Hen
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:29 pm »
Wilkinson (owner of Red Hen) has a strange way of being non-discriminatory.  She organized a mob to follow Sander's party to another restaurant to heckle them there, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: