Author Topic: Northern Aliens: Around 100,000 Canadians live under the radar in U.S. as illegal immigrants  (Read 486 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NATIONAL POST

URL: http://nationalpost.com/news/world/northern-aliens-around-100000-canadians-live-under-the-radar-in-u-s-as-illegal-immigrants

BY Tom Blackwell

It was the late 1990s when the Canadian man crossed the border into the United States, a visitor like millions of others, free to stay up to six months.

Except that he never actually left the U.S., and never obtained U.S. government permission to stick around. He simply made a new life for himself in America.

For the last 18 years, the Canadian has been an illegal immigrant.

“He has a business in the U.S. and it’s active and he has employees,” says Fadi Minawi, the man’s Toronto-based lawyer. “He came to me and asked: ‘How do I get legal?’”

As unlawful immigrants become a target for President Donald Trump’s administration a surprising number of Canadians could be asking the same question right now.

Think of “illegal aliens” and the stereotype that likely comes to mind is one of impoverished Latin-Americans slipping across the border into Texas or Arizona, seeking a new life in a more prosperous land.

It seems that an army of Canadian citizens — despite coming from a place of relative affluence and opportunity – live illicitly in the U.S. One research institute estimates the total at 100,000, while a recent American government report said nearly that many Canadians outstayed their legal welcome — and failed to leave – in one year alone.

Immigration lawyers confirm they regularly hear from Canadians who have exceeded the time they can lawfully be in the U.S., sometimes by years.

(EXCERPT) Click Above Link For the Rest....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:46:25 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Seth Rogen. Mike Meyers. Alex Trebek. Beibs. Jim Carrey.... All of them Canadians. All of them here.  Round em up and ship em home!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Seth Rogen. Mike Meyers. Alex Trebek. Beibs. Jim Carrey.... All of them Canadians. All of them here.  Round em up and ship em home!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
MS13 Gang Members all.  Gotta watch out for those Canuks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: