Author Topic: Neanderthals hunted in bands and speared prey up close: study  (Read 550 times)

rangerrebew

Neanderthals hunted in bands and speared prey up close: study
June 25, 2018

Neanderthals were capable of sophisticated, collective hunting strategies, according to an analysis of prehistoric animal remains from Germany that contradicts the enduring image of these early humans as knuckle-dragging brutes.

The cut marks—or "hunting lesions"—on the bones of two 120,000-year-old deer provide the earliest "smoking gun" evidence such weapons were used to stalk and kill prey, according to a study the journal Nature Ecology and Evolution.

Microscopic imaging and ballistics experiments reproducing the impact of the blows confirmed that at least one was delivered with a wooden spear at low velocity.

https://phys.org/news/2018-06-neanderthals-bands-speared-prey.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Neanderthals hunted in bands and speared prey up close: study
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:44:40 pm »
Clearly to me the Neanderthals were pre-cursors to the privileged white patriarchy.

It was not Equitable, for them to sneak around in groups spewing forth hate speech, to spear poor victims for dinner?

Besides, somebody missed and hit Otzi instead of the dinner.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Neanderthals hunted in bands and speared prey up close: study
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:49:59 pm »
Clearly to me the Neanderthals were pre-cursors to the privileged white patriarchy.

It was not Equitable, for them to sneak around in groups spewing forth hate speech, to spear poor victims for dinner?

Besides, somebody missed and hit Otzi instead of the dinner.
Interesting, I on the other hand after reading this, couldn't help but see a correlation between the Neanderthals and modern day muslim men whose prey is young girls who they surround and , er, spear for sport.