Author Topic: Insurrection is Here; How Long do We have Until Civil War 2.0 Starts?  (Read 1637 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Insurrection is Here; How Long do We have Until Civil War 2.0 Starts?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 10:51:27 pm »
I'll stand up for individual liberty and Constitutional protections, period. I won't hate someone or take up arms against them simply because of who they are or what they believe- only if they are a real and actionable threat to my life liberty or property. I will gladly defend any innocent individual from an attack, no matter what side they are on or those after them are on.

Nah... nice words, but I'm sorry .. after all your posts .. FWIT, I'm not buying this.  You've made your preferences well know.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 10:54:15 pm »
Which way to the front?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:03 pm »
I think we may also be surprised with the sides people take. I don't think it would be the traditional lines we think of as left versus right.

For example, if you had a bunch of drunk rednecks, in the heat of the war, barge into our neighborhood to get my Muslim or gay neighbor, solely for the fact they were Muslim or gay (or whatever, I also have a Sikh neighbor who I know they wouldn't know the difference), even though we are on opposite political spectrums, I would stand with them against the aggressor.

You may also have a lot on the right (traditional small government Conservatives or Libertarian leaning) who may see any growth of a powerful central government because of it, refuse to stand with the 'right' side of the battle and be deemed the enemy.

On the left, you would have many who are just good old working folks who were Democrat because their dad was and their dad's dad and so on. They don't hate the Right, they just still buy into the old 'party of the working man' line. They wouldn't take up arms side by side with Antifa types either. Especially if they were religious, they may join their church members or step out completely (and thus be labeled enemies by their own side).

That's a whole separate issue. If civil order does break down, the ruthless opportunists will be the scariest crowd.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:13 pm »
Once the economy implodes, our fiat currency finally  suffers the consequences perpetrated against it by our own government and the welfare freebies dry up - then we all get to relive France during the late 1700's and jockey for the position of BFF to our version of Robespierre.

We may never call it a 'civil war'.  It will just be 'the new normal' but the future will see it for what it was.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 11:15:28 pm »
Once the economy implodes, our fiat currency finally  suffers the consequences perpetrated against it by our own government and the welfare freebies dry up - then we all get to relive France during the late 1700's and jockey for the position of BFF to our version of Robespierre.

We may never call it a 'civil war'.  It will just be 'the new normal' but the future will see it for what it was.

I suspect it will be more like fracturing and anarchy, with a tapestry of stable and unstable enclaves, and little tyrant dictators trying to gain territory.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 11:31:41 pm »
I suspect it will be more like fracturing and anarchy, with a tapestry of stable and unstable enclaves, and little tyrant dictators trying to gain territory.

And many likely demanding a strongman take over and reclaim the nation to rule it with an iron fist - all with the promise of bread and a return to normalcy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 11:35:44 pm »
And many likely demanding a strongman take over and reclaim the nation to rule it with an iron fist - all with the promise of bread and a return to normalcy.

Obama is willing.  In the name of Allah by gawd.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 02:49:55 am »
At least ya'll are honest.

Some like to brag about how important it is and everything they would sacrifice, including risking jail, but never get off their butts.

Not me, I have the riot channel on speed dial.  I'm too old for this shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: