Author Topic: Italy orders seven boats with 1,000 migrants on board to go back to Libya days after turning away an  (Read 892 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Italy orders seven boats with 1,000 migrants on board to go back to Libya days after turning away another ship carrying 234 people
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 24, 2018

Italy is seeking to have seven boats carrying roughly 1,000 migrants needing rescue off Libya taken back to North Africa, according to a Spanish aid group.

Proactiva Open Arms, which has rescued thousands of migrants in the Mediterranean, said the Italians want the Libyan coast guard to conduct the rescues and return the migrants.

Proactiva said in a tweet that Italian coast guard authorities who coordinate rescues sent out advisories to all ships in the area but told the aid group: 'We don't need your help.'

In a tweet on Sunday, hard-line interior minister Matteo Salvini said: 'It's right that the Libyan authorities intervene, as they've been doing for days, without having the NGOs interrupt them and disturb them.'

It comes days after Salvini refused to let a rescue boat with 224 migrants on board dock in Italy, saying those on board 'will only see Italy on a postcard'.

More with video:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5880003/Italy-order.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The invaders are supposed to be processed for asylum in the first EU country they reach. But Italy doesn't want them, and the invaders prefer higher benefits in Germany.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

The invaders are supposed to be processed for asylum in the first EU country they reach. But Italy doesn't want them, and the invaders prefer higher benefits in Germany.

Who's controlling this?  Seriously, who's the puppet master?

Offline truth_seeker

Who's controlling this?  Seriously, who's the puppet master?
Broad brush. The EU permits free movement among member nations, in the Shengen area. About 26 nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

Brexxit was aout getting out of the insanity. The recent populst anti-immigrant elections are also against the immigration-migration insanity of the EU.

Of course anybody in a modern 1st world democracy,, that opposes millions fom Africa and the mid-east moving in, is a Nazi according to many.

The best solution all around, is for EU nations to give money to the originating nations, to house and care for them back home among their own people. It is cheaper.

I just don't understand what's in it for the EU to push for this mandatory acceptance of "migrants" @truth_seeker

Who's winning here?  Who's making the money?

Offline dfwgator

I just don't understand what's in it for the EU to push for this mandatory acceptance of "migrants" @truth_seeker

Offline truth_seeker

Several factors come together.

Germany brought in "Guest Workers" in the 60s when their economy boomed. Many from Turkey but not exclusively. So Turks and other muslims have footholds in Germany.

Europe is not replacing their populations, and need tax revenue and workers, supposedly.

The UK is different, with migrtory pathways from member states of their Commonwealth. India, Pakistan, Nigeria to name a few. They have free movement like American states, and Shengen Area nations.

Also "white guilt" plays too. Germany's misdeeds of the 30-40s never go away. There is sort of collective guilt for being modern, properous, free, etc.

The Balkans war of he 1990s meant refugees would enter and find welcome.

The US and Europe seem incapable of saying "No" to poor people from poor places, demanding entry, for mainly "economic refugee" reasons.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good on Italy for doing this.

For every boat that is turned away, it becomes easier to turn THE NEXT ONE away, too.
And... the one after that.

If it keeps this up, Italy may have a future.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

For every boat that is turned away, it becomes easier to turn THE NEXT ONE away, too.

:beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Spain is the hot destination now.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Spain is the hot destination now.

The Rain In Spain stays mainly on the african plain.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:24:31 am by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Several factors come together.

Germany brought in "Guest Workers" in the 60s when their economy boomed. Many from Turkey but not exclusively. So Turks and other muslims have footholds in Germany.

Europe is not replacing their populations, and need tax revenue and workers, supposedly.

The UK is different, with migrtory pathways from member states of their Commonwealth. India, Pakistan, Nigeria to name a few. They have free movement like American states, and Shengen Area nations.

Also "white guilt" plays too. Germany's misdeeds of the 30-40s never go away. There is sort of collective guilt for being modern, properous, free, etc.

The Balkans war of he 1990s meant refugees would enter and find welcome.

The US and Europe seem incapable of saying "No" to poor people from poor places, demanding entry, for mainly "economic refugee" reasons.

Add in the major economies of the world now run on deficits as a normal way to run countries.  Gotta keep propping up the Ponzi economies.  One glaring and obvious problem is that the kind of populations being imported aren't the type needed to do the propping.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Once-Ler  will take them all in.  That is, after he moves out of the US,

He has sympathy for them and if he moves to the right country, he can provide lots of jobs for them as well as lots of room.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,320753.msg1719707.html#msg1719707
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:36:41 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington