Author Topic: Protesters descend on Kirstjen Nielsen's home: 'No justice, no sleep'  (Read 859 times)

Online Hoodat

Protesters descend on Kirstjen Nielsen's home: 'No justice, no sleep'

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Friday, June 22, 2018

A group of protesters gathered outside Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen’s Virginia townhouse Friday morning, chanting “no justice, no sleep” and blaring audio of immigrant children crying.

About two dozen protesters with the progressive group CREDO Action chanted with megaphones, waved signs that read “child snatcher” and played the ProPublica audio clip of immigrant children being separated from their parents at the border, HuffPost reported.

Ms. Nielsen was forced to walk by protesters shouting “Shame!” when she left her house, according to video posted on social media. One man shouted, “You belong in the Hague!” and, “You’re a modern-day Nazi!” as Ms. Nielsen entered her vehicle and left.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/22/protesters-descend-kirstjen-nielsens-home-no-justi/

I seem to recall this same type of mob action active in Germany in the early 1930s.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

thebradfordfileâ„¢   @thebradfordfile
8m8 minutes ago

The media is broadcasting 'protests' outside the home of DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

These are not protests. The targeting the families of the political opposition is domestic terrorism.

Civil discourse has ended.

So start the clock: Unintended consequences arriving soon.
You're exactly right about the groupthink resembling 1930s Germany. That didn't end so well, either.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

Yet plenty of people were cheering when protestors gathered at Gore's house, shouting for him to "get out of Cheney's house!"
I don't like it, but the First Amendment is inconvenient a lot of the time.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Hoodat

Yet plenty of people were cheering when protestors gathered at Gore's house, shouting for him to "get out of Cheney's house!"

Um, that wasn't Gore's house.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
These are not protests. The targeting the families of the political opposition is domestic terrorism.

It's also likely to escalate, I fear.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

One difference is the distance from the house. The VP's house isn't just another residence on a street full of other private residences, and the protesters back then weren't right by the front door like this anti-Nielsen ones are. But I do agree that no protester should invade any person's home (regardless of political affiliation), including the sidewalk or street in front, and harass them in this manner.

Edit to note that I thought NHN was referring to the protests at the official VP residence. I disagree with the notion of harassing an entire residential neighborhood if one disliked politician lives there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:53:25 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You're exactly right about the groupthink resembling 1930s Germany. That didn't end so well, either.

That is all we have now in this country is demanded group-think.

Vote Democrat or you are a mass-murdering, bigot, racist, homophobe, redneck.

Support Trump or you are a traitor that voted for Hillary.

If you liked the last Star Wars movie, you are just a shill for Disney and your house should be burned with you and your children locked inside.

Groupthink is reaching the stage of violence for not marching in lockstep.

I agree with the tweet: 'Civil discourse has ended'.

We are arriving where Weimar did.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Hoodat

Offline endicom

Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose. Your right to free speech stops at my home.

Offline skeeter

Re: Protesters descend on Kirstjen Nielsen's home: 'No justice, no sleep'
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »

Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose. Your right to free speech stops at my home.

And you know as well as I do the marxist left eventually won't bother stopping their fist at our nose.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 04:29:36 pm »
And you know as well as I do the marxist left eventually won't bother stopping their fist at our nose.

"Eventually?"  I'd remind you Antifa has been beating people up at their "rallies."  Fists are already meeting noses.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 05:45:07 pm »

I agree.  Protesters should not be allowed on her property.  I believe she can file a restraining order to keep protesters a certain distance from her house.

Or maybe some Easy Riders can step in and teach those wimps manners.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 05:54:09 pm »
I agree.  Protesters should not be allowed on her property.  I believe she can file a restraining order to keep protesters a certain distance from her house.

Or maybe some Easy Riders can step in and teach those wimps manners.

@Emjay

The leftists have pulled this crap on other people around the country, busing protesters in to residential areas, and it's blown up in their faces every time.  This will too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 01:05:22 am »
Emjay wrote:
"Or maybe some Easy Riders can step in and teach those wimps manners."

Might be a good time for the "Patriot Riders" to motor in and "lend a hand"... ;)
Or at least, a few federal marshals.

I will give the protesters the right to assemble at a respectful distance, display placards, etc., within a timeframe that is deemed reasonable.

However, aren't there "noise ordinances" regarding the loud playing of music after certain hours? If these ordinances exist, why aren't they enforced?

If a restraining order can be issued against an anti-abortion group for protesting to close to a clinic, is it not unreasonable that a similar order should not be issued to protect persons in their homes?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 10:35:16 am »
I'm referring to this incident...

http://observer.com/2000/12/pennyloafer-republican-populists-mob-gores-house-this-time-gop-is-playing-smarter-than-in-1998/
A crowd gathered at 34th and Massachusetts in DC is within spitting distance of the Vice President's residence at Number 1 Observatory Circle. That structure belongs to the United States, not Al Gore. While he could live there during his term, it was not his house, technically.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:36:35 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 10:38:16 am »
Emjay wrote:
"Or maybe some Easy Riders can step in and teach those wimps manners."

Might be a good time for the "Patriot Riders" to motor in and "lend a hand"... ;)
Or at least, a few federal marshals.

I will give the protesters the right to assemble at a respectful distance, display placards, etc., within a timeframe that is deemed reasonable.

However, aren't there "noise ordinances" regarding the loud playing of music after certain hours? If these ordinances exist, why aren't they enforced?

If a restraining order can be issued against an anti-abortion group for protesting to close to a clinic, is it not unreasonable that a similar order should not be issued to protect persons in their homes?
Disturbing the Peace, Maintaining a public nuisance, incitement to riot, etc....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis