Author Topic: Here Are The 41 Republicans Who Voted Against Securing The U.S. Border  (Read 1189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here Are The 41 Republicans Who Voted Against Securing The U.S. Border
8:03 PM 06/22/2018
Robert Donachie | Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter

Forty-one House Republicans voted against a bill Friday that would have secured funding for President Donald Trump’s border wall, addressed Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and included E-verify, among other conservative provisions.

Members voted on an amended version of GOP Reps. Bob Goodlatte of Virginia and Michael McCaul of Texas’s bill that provided more border security funding, only granted DACA recipients a temporary protected three-year legal status with no pathway for citizenship — which moderate Republicans are fervently asking leadership to provide — and included other features.

The bill failed in the House in a 193-231 vote Thursday.
Here the Republican members who voted against the bill:

Paul Gosar of Arizona
Andy Biggs of Arizona
Jeff Denham of California
David, Valadao of California
Steve Knight of California
Dana Rohrabacher of California
Mike Coffman of Colorado
Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida
Carlos Curbelo of Florida
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida
Drew Ferguson of Georgia
Mike Simpson of Idaho
Peter Roksam of Illinois
Steve King of Iowa
Thomas Massie of Kentucky
Justin Amash of Michigan
Fred Upton of Michigan
Erik Paulsen of Minnesota
Frank LoBiando of New Jersey
Tom MacArthur of New Jersey
Chris Smith of New Jersey
Leonard Lance of New Jersey
Rodney Frelinghuysen of New Jersey
Pete King of New York
John Faso of New York
Elise Stefanik of New York
Tom Reed of New York
John Katko of New York
Michael Turner of Ohio
Steve Russell of Oklahoma
Ryan Costello of Pennsylvania
Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania
Bill Shuster of Pennsylvania
Kristi Noem of South Dakota
Louie Gohmert of Texas
Will Hurd of Texas
Mia Love of Utah
Barbara Comstock of Virginia
Dan Newhouse of Washington
Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington
David Reichert of Washington

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/22/republicans-who-voted-against-border-security/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:17:50 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Yes, but why did they vote against it?  I heard that there were a couple of versions and both had some amnesty in them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, but why did they vote against it?  I heard that there were a couple of versions and both had some amnesty in them.

@Applewood

Most voted against it because they were from the left coast,the northeast,or NYC's southernmost county,Florida.

They are "Republicans" like I am an Astronaut.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

I gleaned from reading the article there were last minute additions to the bill that killed it. If you look at the list of no votes, quite a few were from the Freedom Caucus, who are perennial thorns in the side of Ryan.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Applewood

Most voted against it because they were from the left coast,the northeast,or NYC's southernmost county,Florida.

Louie Gohmert voted against it.   He is very against amnesty and is certainly not from coasts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Louie Gohmert voted against it.   He is very against amnesty and is certainly not from coasts.

He's pretty close to the Gulf Coast...   22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think the questions are:

How many of them have household staff "help" who are undocumented (and cheaper because of it).

How many of them are getting contributions from the invader lobbyists?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I am surprised with a couple of these, but thanks for posting the info.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Exactly, and Will Hurd voted against it too.  He's the on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

You missed the word "most"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@Applewood

They're what happens to republicans when a state has millions of illegals and a 'motor voter' law.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Steve King Iowa, another one of the ultimate hawks on border enforcement.

There must be something else to this bill.  There must be something unlikable to it and that these Representatives are not just lying down to border crossers.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
From Texas:

Will Hurd  https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/TX/23 District 23

Louie Gohmert  https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/TX/1  District 1

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gosar and Biggs voted against it...there must have been something wrong with the bill.  Steven King, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

@IsailedawayfromFR

You missed the word "most"?
Nope, just wanted to alert you on what you said "They are "Republicans" like I am an Astronaut.""

Louie, my congressman, is as solid a conservative as they come so other things are afoot other than the agenda of libs.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:26:43 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

He's pretty close to the Gulf Coast...   22222frying pan
You forget we are talking about Texas.

Louie's home in Pittsburgh, Tx is 297 miles from Galveston on the coast.  This is Piney Woods country, and leftists are not allowed anywhere close to here.

Offline TomSea

From the article:

"...only granted DACA recipients a temporary protected three-year legal status with no pathway for citizenship ..."

Sounds reasonable. 7 minutes or so in, Gohmert talks about the bill, there might just be a narrow difference between them voting for it and not voting for it.

! No longer available

Compromise? Allows chain migration to continue? It's fairly well explained.

Elect more GOP to get a better bill through it sounds like.

Offline TomSea

The House might have now, been able to pass a decent bill; nothing good seems to pass the Senate, too divided even in the Republican party. It's a shame.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is what we WANTED.
For both bills to FAIL.

Either one would have paved the way to disaster -- Amnesty.

The best "immigration reform" right now is... NOTHING.

The ONLY legislation we need is the one that fully funds The Wall.

Get the wall funded.
Get it substantially constructed.
With an actual "border" then in place... then... and ONLY then... should we think about re-writing our immigration laws.

And ONLY if they are to be made significantly MORE "restrictive".

Offline TomSea

I'm not positive I understood all that Gohmert said but it sounded like he was talking about chain migration. If these bills had passed, they would have been the law. If chain migration continued unabated in the bills, it would have been another law to undo.  The congressmen and congresswomen did seem to make an effort.