Author Topic: I was a childhood immigrant to the US -- Trump is acting wisely and compassionately on illegal immig  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

I was a childhood immigrant to the US -- Trump is acting wisely and compassionately on illegal immigration

By Dan Backer

Published June 21, 2018
FoxNews.com

As a legal immigrant brought to America by my parents when I was a baby, I was particularly upset when I saw illegal immigrant parents and children being separated when they crossed into the U.S. in recent days. But I was happy when President Trump did the right thing and signed an executive order Wednesday allowing parents who have crossed the border illegally to remain with their children.

Children should not be made to suffer for the actions of their parents. President Trump has compassion for these children. So does first lady Melania Trump, who showed this Thursday by visiting a detention center in Texas for children who entered the U.S. illegally.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/21/was-childhood-immigrant-to-us-trump-is-acting-wisely-and-compassionately-on-illegal-immigration.html