Author Topic: House Republicans pass a farm bill that guts food assistance for working families  (Read 445 times)

Offline goodwithagun

The House of Representatives narrowly passed the farm bill Thursday afternoon 213-211, with 20 Republicans joining all Democrats in voting no. The House version of the farm bill dramatically cuts funding for food stamps, officially known as Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP). More than 1 million low-income households, totaling than 2 million people — particularly low-income working families — are in danger of losing their benefits altogether or have them reduced under the bill. President Donald Trump tweeted after the vote that he was “so happy” to see work requirements included in the bill. Trump has stated previously he would veto any farm bill that neglected to impose tougher . . .

Continued here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/22ef9c8b-a774-3a43-8e7b-fe9a5c2b3eb1/ss_house-republicans-pass-a-farm.html?bcmt=1
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

With unemployment lower, I fail to see why all the butthurt . . . unless they really don’t want to work.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

Typical Yahoo spin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Too bad it will be DOA in the senate.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien