Author Topic: Sources: East Pittsburgh Officer Accused Of Killing Antwon Rose Sworn In Hours Before Fatal Shooting  (Read 3707 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/06/20/east-pittsburgh-officer-accused-of-killing-antwon-rose-sworn-in-hours-before-shooting/

EAST PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – An investigation is underway after 17-year-old Antwon Rose was shot in the back by an East Pittsburgh police officer while Rose was running from a traffic stop.

ADVERTISING

KDKA-TV has now learned that the officer who is accused of shooting Rose, was only sworn into duty a few hours before the fatal shooting.

When a police officer shoots someone, even if they’ve been involved in a crime in a neighboring community as has been alleged here, Allegheny County homicide detectives step in.

“In accordance with police best practices in the aftermath of officer-involved shootings, Allegheny County Police Department homicide detectives were requested to assume the role of independent investigatory agency,” said Superintendent Coleman McDonough on Wednesday.

The title makes it sound like this was a brand new cop.  He was new to the area but had been a cop for 6 years.  Also makes it sound like it was a simple traffic stop.   The cops were responding to a shooting, saw a car matching the description which also had bullet holes in its windows.   The soon to be dead kid came out of of that car.   Another case of media trying to cause riots.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

The kid ran from the car and didn't respond to cops. Whether he did anything to warrant shooting, I don't know.
 I understand guns were found in the car, and there's evidence that someone in that car, at least, was involved in a shooting just a short time before the police stopped it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

The kid ran from the car and didn't respond to cops. Whether he did anything to warrant shooting, I don't know.
 I understand guns were found in the car, and there's evidence that someone in that car, at least, was involved in a shooting just a short time before the police stopped it.
Well, for sure nobody will jump to conclusions and condemn the cops before all the facts are in.   :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

Well, for sure nobody will jump to conclusions and condemn the cops before all the facts are in.   :whistle:
They're already marching in the streets of Pittsburgh, complete with "hands up, don't shoot" gestures (even though this kid never stopped and put his hands up).  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline dfwgator

Do we even know if the cop that shot him is white?

Offline goatprairie

We don't know if the kid was the one shooting at cops. There's lots of things we don't know, but it makes no difference....the usual suspects will scream and holler about police brutality.

Offline mountaineer

We don't know if the kid was the one shooting at cops. There's lots of things we don't know, but it makes no difference....the usual suspects will scream and holler about police brutality.
They're doing that. Last night they wandered onto a major highway and shut it down for hours.
Protesters Shut Down Parkway East Over Killing Of Antwon Rose By East Pittsburgh Police Officer
At Least 1 Person Taken Into Custody By Police In Riot GearBy David Highfield
June 21, 2018 at 10:56 pm

FOREST HILLS (KDKA) — Hundreds of protesters blocked traffic on the Parkway East, creating a major traffic jam late Thursday night into early Friday morning, as they held another rally in response to the police-involved shooting of 17-year-old Antwon Rose Jr. by East Pittsburgh police officer Michael Rosfeld.

The protesters marched from the East Pittsburgh Police Station, down Route 30 in Forest Hills to the Parkway East where they blocked traffic in both directions, backing up traffic for miles for hours.

Around 1 a.m. Friday, police told the protesters still on the scene to leave or be arrested. Around 1:30 a.m., officers began arriving in riot gear to try to break up the lengthy protest. Just after 2 a.m., officers began moving in on the few protesters that were left, some on the street, others who had moved off behind a guardrail. At least one woman was taken into custody.  ...

Offline Applewood

I believe he is white, but these days it doesn't matter.  Black Lives Matter and other anarchist groups want to get rid of all police. 

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

The police eventually allowed smaller vehicles to make U turns to get out of the mess, but they couldn't do that with the big rigs.  I hear those rig drivers were not too happy.  I was waiting for one of them to mow these idiots down. 

Offline mountaineer

The police eventually allowed smaller vehicles to make U turns to get out of the mess, but they couldn't do that with the big rigs.  I hear those rig drivers were not too happy.  I was waiting for one of them to mow these idiots down.
I can imagine, @Applewood . We were watching live news coverage at 10 p.m. and wondered whether any motorist would blow his top and just keep driving. Poor truck drivers, trying to make a delivery on a particular schedule, and then delayed for three hours or more.

We have to go out the parkway this evening to get to the Frick (sister's musical group is performing), and I sure hope the idiot "hands up" crowd don't try this stunt again.

Offline Applewood

I can imagine, @Applewood . We were watching live news coverage at 10 p.m. and wondered whether any motorist would blow his top and just keep driving. Poor truck drivers, trying to make a delivery on a particular schedule, and then delayed for three hours or more.

We have to go out the parkway this evening to get to the Frick (sister's musical group is performing), and I sure hope the idiot "hands up" crowd don't try this stunt again.

Good luck tonight,  I'd like to think if these idiots show up again, the poiice will haul them all away. 

Offline mountaineer

One woman was arrested last night/early this morning for refusing to leave the highway:
... State police say Ciora Thomas was arrested. She said she was willing to be arrested to protest Rose’s death.

On her Facebook page, Thomas posted, “I cant afford to give up! Too much at stake! I can’t leave when everyone else has to! Too much at stake! I gotta stand and keep standing! Black transwomen have no choice but to keep fighting even when our backs are against the pavement! Black transwomen been battling for us all! I’m no different! The tears won’t stop but will they ever while protecting black lives? This fight is not over even if I have to be arrested 100 times!”

By the time she was processed at the scene, state police say her ride had already left. As a result, officers gave her a courtesy ride home.  ...
KDKA

:silly:

Offline Applewood

An update:

Video shows Antwon Rose firing weapon in earlier drive-by shooting, sources say

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/video-shows-antwon-rose-firing-weapon-in-earlier-drive-by-shooting-sources-say/773155104

This punk is being portrayed as an innocent victim of police violence.  He is a thug and deserves what he got. 

Unfortunately, pending investigation and autopsy reports, the officer might go down if it's definitively proven he killed the perp while the kid wasrunning away.

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

It is rumored the stupid protesters will be out again tonight and this weekend. Might want to look for an alternate route.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You know what? I don't give a rabid rat's ass how non-PC this is,but that was a good shoot even if the ghetto rat WAS shot in the back. The SOB had just committed a drive by shooting,and they were in hot pursuit.

The poor cop is going to take a hit on this because the Tan Klan and their media masters find it in their best interests to protect black murderers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

Of course he is white. If he was black this wouldn't have made it past the local news.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
An update:

Video shows Antwon Rose firing weapon in earlier drive-by shooting, sources say

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/video-shows-antwon-rose-firing-weapon-in-earlier-drive-by-shooting-sources-say/773155104

This punk is being portrayed as an innocent victim of police violence.  He is a thug and deserves what he got. 

Unfortunately, pending investigation and autopsy reports, the officer might go down if it's definitively proven he killed the perp while the kid wasrunning away.

@Applewood

BINGO! There were two guns left in the car,and the guy that was driving the car was caught and admitted to being a driver for hire for drive-by shootings.

Offline Applewood

You know what? I don't give a rabid rat's ass how non-PC this is,but that was a good shoot even if the ghetto rat WAS shot in the back. The SOB had just committed a drive by shooting,and they were in hot pursuit.

The poor cop is going to take a hit on this because the Tan Klan and their media masters find it in their best interests to protect black murderers.

Unfortunately, I believe killing someone as he is running away is illegal.  Thing is, no one is really sure what happened at that traffic stop.  There is an amateur video allegedly showing the punk being shot as he is running away, but I don't know if the video has been authenticated and as far as I can tell, there is no video evidence of what transpired before this amateur footage was shot.  The investigation is ongoing and an autopsy report is still pending. 

Not that it matters to BLM and the rest of the professional anarchists.  This is a perfect excuse for them to cause trouble.  I suppose they are hoping it will escalate so that more people will be killed.  Anything to advance the agenda. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unfortunately, I believe killing someone as he is running away is illegal.  Thing is, no one is really sure what happened at that traffic stop.  There is an amateur video allegedly showing the punk being shot as he is running away, but I don't know if the video has been authenticated and as far as I can tell, there is no video evidence of what transpired before this amateur footage was shot.  The investigation is ongoing and an autopsy report is still pending. 

Not that it matters to BLM and the rest of the professional anarchists.  This is a perfect excuse for them to cause trouble.  I suppose they are hoping it will escalate so that more people will be killed.  Anything to advance the agenda.

@Applewood

You know what *I* see? I see hundreds of mostly black ghetto trash protesting the death of a murderous thug,and wanting to riot and get "Free stuff" out of it.

The irony is the ghetto trash that got shot in the back had just been shooting out of a moving car window at other blacks,and who knows how many black lives that cop saved by blowing his criminal ass away?

How can you have anything BUT contempt for a group of people who rally,riot,and support a murderer in their midst?

Offline mountaineer

It is rumored the stupid protesters will be out again tonight and this weekend. Might want to look for an alternate route.
It was an uneventful trip. Just the usual rush hour traffic heading east but very easy returning home. Thank goodness we missed them.

Offline mountaineer

Video May Show Teen Firing Gun In Drive-By Just Before Cop Shot Him

Pittsburgh, PA – As demonstrators gathered for what would be the third night of protests in the city, police were reviewing video on Friday afternoon that reportedly showed 17-year-old Antwon Rose firing a gun in a drive-by shooting just minutes before he was fatally shot by a police officer on Tuesday afternoon.

Pittsburgh District Attorney Steven Zappala told WPXI that he was able to confirm video evidence had been recovered from the shooting scene in North Braddock, where a 22-year-old man had been shot in the stomach.

Police said the shooter fired nine .40-caliber rounds at the victim from a car, and the victim returned fire, striking the shooter’s vehicle multiple times, KDKA reported. ...

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that police officers may legally shoot fleeing suspects to apprehend them when there is probable cause that they committed a serious violent crime, such as a shooting. ... BlueLivesMatter
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:13:29 am by mountaineer »

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

You know what *I* see? I see hundreds of mostly black ghetto trash protesting the death of a murderous thug,and wanting to riot and get "Free stuff" out of it.

The irony is the ghetto trash that got shot in the back had just been shooting out of a moving car window at other blacks,and who knows how many black lives that cop saved by blowing his criminal ass away?

How can you have anything BUT contempt for a group of people who rally,riot,and support a murderer in their midst?

The local media is doing its utmost to turn this punk into a sympathetic victim.  There is a barrage of stories about his "million dollar smile," how he helped out at some store and what not. Bottom line though is, no matter what a swell kid he might have been in some respects, he chose the gangsta life.  And in that life, sooner or later, its adherents end up dead or in prison. The family and friends who mourn his loss and rail against the police -- did any of them ever bother to turn him away from the thug life? Did anyone ever try to impress upon him the dangers of that life?  I'm going to bet none of them did. In fact, they could be in that life themselves. 

Seems to me no one sees the correlation between the gangsta life and being killed.  If someone in that life dies,it's someone else's fault -- the police, schools, city officials or something. Never the perp or anyone close to him who could have steered him away from such a violent life.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:43:11 am by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

It was an uneventful trip. Just the usual rush hour traffic heading east but very easy returning home. Thank goodness we missed them.

Glad you got there and back ok. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Seems to me no one sees the correlation between the gangsta life and being killed.

It's more than that. They think they are a special species,immune from the law because their African ancestors were so cowardly or lazy their own chiefs sold them into slavery to white people for profits,and to get rid of them. In THEIR alleged minds,the white man OWES them because the white man bought them after their own people put them up for sale.

The radical left is behind this due to their never-ending effort to create anarchy and riots in the streets because they think that will result in another communist revolution,with them being the slave masters over EVERYBODY.

If someone in that life dies,it's someone else's fault -- the police, schools, city officials or something. Never the perp or anyone close to him who could have steered him away from such a violent life.

NOTHING that EVER goes wrong in the life of the typical black of today is THEIR fault.  Hit all bees de falts ob dat debbil,de white mans!

Not that the whites in charge have much cause to bitch about that. THEY are the ones that let it happen in exchange for their votes.