Author Topic: Police: Armed civilian who shot, killed gunman at Washington state Walmart was a pastor  (Read 490 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition

An armed civilian is credited with saving several lives when he stopped a man firing shots at a Walmart in Washington Sunday.

The Tumwater Police Department identified the deceased gunman Monday as Tim O. Day, 44, of McCleary, Wash. He shot two people and tried carjacking six people. Day also fired shots inside the Walmart, but did not hit anyone inside the store.

A man who would rather not be identified stopped the crime spree when he shot and killed Day. Police say the 47-year-old man is from Oakville, Washington. He is a pastor, volunteer firefighter, and medic.

One of the people Day shot remains in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The other, 16-year-old Danner Barton, got shot in the hand by Day after Barton refused to stop his car.

“I ducked my head and I gunned it,” said Barton, who said Day fired a shot through Barton’s windshield.!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/831921bb-1ef6-3ffa-a8dc-b7c3f3eb03e8/ss_police%3A-armed-civilian-who.html

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
good for him

the kid who didnt just stop did well too
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

Why we carry, example #586,240,081
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom