Author Topic: ‘We Will Not Apologize’ — Homeland Security Secretary Defends Family-Separation Policy  (Read 836 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

‘We Will Not Apologize’ — Homeland Security Secretary Defends Family-Separation Policy
National Review, Jun 18, 2018, Jack Crowe

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen defended the Trump administration’s highly contentious “zero tolerance” immigration-enforcement policy Monday as the inevitable result of congressional inaction on immigration.

â€œWe will not apologize for the job we do or for the job law enforcement does, for doing the job that the American people expect us to do,” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

Nielsen went on to decry inaccurate media portrayals of the Trump administration’s enforcement policy, which requires the detention and prosecution of all individuals caught crossing the border illegally. The policy has resulted in the separation of roughly 2,000 children from their parents, who are in detention awaiting trial.

The separations have been attacked as immoral by congressional Democrats and a handful of Republicans, who advocate a return to the previous policy of releasing individuals awaiting trial for trying to immigrate illegally with their children. But Nielsen placed blame for family separations squarely on lawmakers, citing legislative inaction on immigration reform as the central obstacle to changing the system. She also suggested that previous administrations are partly to blame for incentivizing child trafficking by providing “free passes” to adults who try to cross the border with children.

More:  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/immigrant-children-separated-from-parents-kirstjen-nielsen-defends/

Offline dfwgator

Offline GrouchoTex

” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

I think I might be falling for this woman.

Offline dfwgator

” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

I think I might be falling for this woman.

She has more "balls" than Paul Ryan, that's for sure.

Offline Frank Cannon

On a side note, boy is this Nielsen woman kinda hot for some govt' functionary...

Offline libertybele

She has more "balls" than Paul Ryan, that's for sure.

Indeed.  I'm really hoping that Ryan finds the exit door very soon.  I am all for legal immigration, but the illegals can't stay.  If anything the U.S. is owed an apology for other countries putting U.S. citizens at risk and for the taxpayers having to foot the bill. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I hope Ryan finds the door fast also.  I would also call upon Laura to listen to the DHS Secretary and if she still has criticism to spell it out exactly.  Because as she has said we are following the laws enacted by Congress.  What is happening at the border is crime business.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“We will not apologize for the job we do or for the job law enforcement does, for doing the job that the American people expect us to do,” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

Good on ya, Ms. Nielsen.
Stand tall and keep standing against the leftists/democrat-communists.

Isn't it refreshing to hear someone from "Homeland Security" talk this way regarding the illegal invasion?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
“We will not apologize for the job we do or for the job law enforcement does, for doing the job that the American people expect us to do,” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

Good on ya, Ms. Nielsen.

Isn't it refreshing to hear someone from "Homeland Security" talk this way regarding the illegal invasion?

Yes, yes it is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Good on ya, Ms. Nielsen.

Nice to see Homeland Security mean Securing the Homeland rather than trying to stomp on it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
‘We Will Not Apologize’ — Homeland Security Secretary Defends Family-Separation Policy
National Review, Jun 18, 2018, Jack Crowe

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen defended the Trump administration’s highly contentious “zero tolerance” immigration-enforcement policy Monday as the inevitable result of congressional inaction on immigration.

â€œWe will not apologize for the job we do or for the job law enforcement does, for doing the job that the American people expect us to do,” Nielsen said during her Monday address to National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans. “Illegal actions have and must have consequences. No more free passes, no more get-out-of-jail-free cards.”

Nielsen went on to decry inaccurate media portrayals of the Trump administration’s enforcement policy, which requires the detention and prosecution of all individuals caught crossing the border illegally. The policy has resulted in the separation of roughly 2,000 children from their parents, who are in detention awaiting trial.

The separations have been attacked as immoral by congressional Democrats and a handful of Republicans, who advocate a return to the previous policy of releasing individuals awaiting trial for trying to immigrate illegally with their children. But Nielsen placed blame for family separations squarely on lawmakers, citing legislative inaction on immigration reform as the central obstacle to changing the system. She also suggested that previous administrations are partly to blame for incentivizing child trafficking by providing “free passes” to adults who try to cross the border with children.

More:  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/immigrant-children-separated-from-parents-kirstjen-nielsen-defends/

It's good to see someone with the stones to stand up for what is right in DC,even if it is a woman that has to show the males there what it means to be a man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!