Author Topic: Religion is being weaponized against gays, claims same-sex ‘marriage’ icon, Jim Obergefell  (Read 903 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: LIFE SITE NEWS

URL: https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/religion-is-being-weaponized-against-gays-claims-same-sex-marriage-icon

by Doug Mainwaring

Jim Obergefell, the man whose name will be forever associated with the institution of genderless marriage in the United States, said he “was heartbroken and devastated,” by the Supreme Court’s Masterpiece Cakeshop decision. 

But more than that, Obergefell is frightened.  Very frightened.

It’s not the actuality of the ruling that scares him; it’s the boogeymen he has concocted in order to shoo away any second guessing about the high court’s judgement in his favor three years ago. 

“After deciding in favor of marriage equality in Obergefell v. Hodges,” asked Obergefell in a commentary written for The Advocate, “how could Justices Kennedy, Kagan, and Breyer rule in favor of legalized discrimination under the guise of religious freedom?”

Obergefell’s reaction to the ruling then launches into ever-increasing hyperbole. 

He says this signals the beginning of the legalization of discrimination.  More specifically, this discrimination will be Christian fundamentalists lording it over gays:   

We have a movement to make public discrimination based on one’s personal beliefs legal. These laws attempt to make one person’s beliefs more valuable, more worthy of protection, than another’s.
It gets worse.  Obergefell sees Jack Phillips Masterpiece Cakeshop as the underground headquarters for a movement to do away with the principle of separation of church and state, and the establishment of a new state religion

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So we are to believe this case just happened and this guy didn't set out to attack a Christian person?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So we are to believe this case just happened and this guy didn't set out to attack a Christian person?

That's how it's gonna be spun.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Religion is being weaponized against gays

It's fascinating that these perverted Leftists are not brave enough to go up and make these claims against Islam.

It's not that Homosexuals are yellow, it's that they are pink on the outside and red on the inside.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Religion is being weaponized against gays

It's fascinating that these perverted Leftists are not brave enough to go up and make these claims against Islam.

It's not that Homosexuals are yellow, it's that they are pink on the outside and red on the inside.

The only horrifying thing to American Leftists in that picture is the cigarette advertisement on the billboard in the background.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The only horrifying thing to American Leftists in that picture is the cigarette advertisement on the billboard in the background.

Smoke'm if you got'em.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Smoke'm if you got'em.

@Wingnut

That's what got that guy in trouble in the first place.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Religion is being weaponized against gays, claims same-sex ‘marriage’ icon, Jim Obergefell"

That's fine with me.
Hopefully, the "weaponization" will intensify.

Seems like the last time "religion" got "weaponized", it actually did some good:

Let's try that again, only this time, against the LGBT (or whatever).

Offline The_Reader_David

Strange, picking a Christian cake decorator and making a row when he won't bake a cake for what he regards not as a wedding, but a celebration of immorality, then suing, rather than just going down the street to a secular baker, looks to me a lot like the weaponization of same-sex 'marriage' against religion (or rather against Christianity -- they don't pull this stunt with Muslim or Jewish bakers, photographers, B-and-B owners or wedding planners -- just Christians).

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline SirLinksALot