Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19934 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler

Perhaps, next time, your kind toss out the bigot card, it's time for a good look in the mirror. We've got it, foreigners first.
I tossed no bigot card at you @TomSea, perhaps you feel some guilt on your own.  I hope you have a mirror.  I have never said foreigners first...I just haven't told them to go F themselves like President Trump.

Nice assumption that people here live in Section 8 housing.
@txradioguy
I live in a modest home in a Madison WI suburb.  We have first generation Latinos in our neighborhood.  Some are no doubt illegal.  I made no such assumption, and I don't think they got here on welfare.

"Imported workers" from Mexico and South America by and large have what family they have here stateside on welfare - a burden on taxpayers - while they send a whole lot of cash back home to relatives.

Forcefully stated.  Prove it and so what?  Why do I care if the government gives my tax dollar to an illegal instead of paying the salary of Peter Strzok, the former John McCain, or Rudy Giuliani?  I don't believe illegal workers are a burden.  I believe they work jobs nobody else wants to do.  I believe this because it is a fact.  They are working to pay for rich people to collect Social Security they can't themselves collect.  I believe illegals are afraid of deportation so they don't utilize the police or other government freebies at as high a rate as Americans. 

https://www.fairus.org/issue/workforce-economy/illegal-aliens-taking-us-jobs

FAIR says there were 11.9 million illegals in 2010  They estimate the number of illegal aliens in the workforce at 8.5 million jobs.  71.4%  The same number the Pew Hispanic Center came up with 71.4%

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

The civilian labor force participation rate in 2010 was about 65%.  I believe it is indisputable that a higher percentage of illegals work than Americans. 

Lots of Americans don't have to work because Uncle Sam provides.  Who the hell is going to support that lifestyle without the taxpaying workers?  and there are 8.5 illegal million of them.  That is 8.5 million jobs I don't want to do but I want done right.  I want my bank cleaned, and my burger cooked, and my oil changed, my lawn treated by competent workers.  but I don't want to pay union wages to get it done.  The solution is not to foist basket case Americans on businesses.  American businesses don't want to hire the space cases, druggies, or relatives of @Wingnut .  People that can't hold a job because they are unreliable.  The felons and recently kicked off unemployment.  I know this will likely be considered a hate crime by somebody but most employers don't want to hired people with face tattoos or recurring roles on Cops.

No.  We have no room for third world refuse that no one wants whom are sneaking in here for freebies or hostile intentions.  A majority have zero to little skill sets and whom have no intentions of assimilating into a distinct American culture, learn our language or BECOME an American.

and yet they are already here by the millions, already working by the millions, and many speak better English than my President. 

First of all, we're BROKE.  We cannot afford to pay for them to be here and to support them, which is why they are coming here.

I believe workers pay for themselves.

Second of all, without insisting that an American culture be adopted and adhered to, we are being forced into adopting foreign culture that is anathema to our foundations and a danger to Constitutional liberty.

Again forcefully stated, but Womp Womp.   The relevance of the Constitution to my modern life is almost nil. 

Well, the cheap labor without bennies aside, no.   Unless they came in the front door with the proper paperwork, they are by law, prohibited from working here in this country.

Well then I guess 8.5 million are not really here.  If a law is not enforced, is it really a law?

By all means, there is nothing stopping you from using your own money, wealth, time and property to provide for such people out of your own resources.

My taxes pay for abortion, war, substandard education, political kickbacks, incompetent bureaucracy, and the lawyers paid to defend that crap...your going to tell me I don't have a voice in this issue because it infringes on your rights? 

Your sympathy becomes tyranny when you expect the rest of us to share your sympathy and demand our tax money and efforts go towards assuaging your feelings to make provisions for foreigners.

I'm a tyrant because I voice my opinion and we don't agree.  Take a breath.

Are you really from Madison? If so, what in the sam hell do you know about the illegal immigration problem in the US? Your town is 78% white.
@skeeter
Please don't hate me for the color of my skin.

Respectfully, @Once-Ler 's  position seems so extreme, it's like the people wanting to legalize heroin or prostitution and does not appear to be worthy of debate.

Who are you talking too @TomSea ?  It's not yourself.  You're debating me right now.  You just did.   This is a joke, yes?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:01:51 am by Once-Ler »

Tom, it's one of those days when the stars and planets align and you and I agree.  :beer:

I love bringing people together.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:01:13 am by Once-Ler »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@txradioguy
I live in a modest home in a Madison WI suburb.   

And that right there is all I ever need to know about why you are the way you are. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
Please don't hate me for the color of my skin.

Oh I don't hate you Onesler. I always get a kick out of folks like you who wag their fingers at those of us who don't appreciate the hard working illegal alien as you do, when your only contact with them is the very occasional smiling busboy or the distant, drive-by glimpse of one nailing shingles on a neighbors roof.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't believe illegal workers are a burden.

Of course not.  I suppose we could say the same thing about rapists, drug pushers and pedophiles.  Sure they have committed crimes, but until you are a victim - you see no 'burden'.

Perhaps after you have a family member killed by an illegal, drunk with no insurance who has been caught and deported several times beforehand - you might think otherwise.

I believe they work jobs nobody else wants to do. 

Riiiight.  And they also get welfare bennies we citizens are not afforded either.

They are working to pay for rich people to collect Social Security they can't themselves collect.

Since ILLEGALS work for CASH or utilize stolen identities, how are they paying for SoSec exactly????

I believe illegals are afraid of deportation so they don't utilize the police

Tell that to the cops having to deal with MS-13, fatal drunk driving wrecks, hit and runs, home invasions, rapes, murders and other assorted sundry crimes that their population commits at a greater rate than the local populations they have invaded.

or other government freebies at as high a rate as Americans.

They get more free shit at my expense than citizens of this country receive.

FAIR says there were 11.9 million illegals in 2010  They estimate the number of illegal aliens in the workforce at 8.5 million jobs.  71.4%  The same number the Pew Hispanic Center came up with 71.4%

11.9???  That's funny right there.

I believe it is indisputable that a higher percentage of illegals work than Americans.

I don't care.  They're criminals and should be treated as such.

Who the hell is going to support that lifestyle without the taxpaying workers?  That is 8.5 million jobs I don't want to do but I want done right.  I want my bank cleaned, and my burger cooked, and my oil changed, my lawn treated by competent workers.  but I don't want to pay union wages to get it done.  The solution is not to foist basket case Americans on businesses.  American businesses don't want to hire the space cases, druggies, or relatives of @Wingnut .  People that can't hold a job because they are unreliable.  The felons and recently kicked off unemployment.  I know this will likely be considered a hate crime by somebody but most employers don't want to hired people with face tattoos or recurring roles on Cops.

So much for liberty and sovereignty in your world.  Import the barbarians, get conquered from within by them.

Lesson from history.

Again forcefully stated, but Womp Womp.   The relevance of the Constitution to my modern life is almost nil.

Well that makes you no different than the Leftists who want it scrapped for Communism or the Populists who dismiss it for pragmatism.

If a law is not enforced, is it really a law?

Apparently "laws" only apply to existing American citizens who need to be subjugated and raped by their government, while being replaced by illegal aliens intent on reconquinista.

My taxes pay for abortion, war, substandard education, political kickbacks, incompetent bureaucracy, and the lawyers paid to defend that crap...your going to tell me I don't have a voice in this issue because it infringes on your rights?

I'm telling you that when you use government to force me to subsidize those you want provisions given to illegal third world squatters because they are your pet charity - YES, I'm telling you that you are advocating and supporting tyranny.  Period.  End of sentence.

You're a tyrant because you support using government to put a gun to our heads to pay for an invasion by Mexico and South America.   People you want to do shit you don't want to pay for, who are not citizens of this country and have no intentions of assimilating into our culture.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Of course not.  I suppose we could say the same thing about rapists, drug pushers and pedophiles.  Sure they have committed crimes, but until you are a victim - you see no 'burden'.

Perhaps after you have a family member killed by an illegal, drunk with no insurance who has been caught and deported several times beforehand - you might think otherwise.

You equate 12 million illegals as rapists, drug pushers and pedophiles.  ridiculous.

Riiiight.  And they also get welfare bennies we citizens are not afforded either.

You believe illegals get more welfare than Americans. ridiculous

Since ILLEGALS work for CASH or utilize stolen identities, how are they paying for SoSec exactly????

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/amnesty-breaking-social-security-bank

When illegal aliens use a fake or stolen SSN, 6.2 percent of their earnings are sent to SSA to be credited to the workers' SSN account in the SSTF. 5 An equal amount is paid into the system by the employer. But if the SSA cannot match that worker with an SSN account (when the SSN is fake, or it is stolen, or the worker is using a different name and birth date) the funds are assigned to the Earnings Suspense Fund (ESF) and the employer and worker are notified of the mismatch. As the U.S. Department of Justice explains, “After SSA processes wage reports submitted by employers, the agency tries to resolve name/SSN discrepancies by sending no-match letters to employees, employers and self-employed individuals to inform them when a reported name or SSN does not match SSA's records.” 6

For a legal worker, this notification leads normally to a correction of the mistake, and the funds are moved from the ESF to the SSTF. For an illegal alien worker, the employer and worker may simply ignore the notification, or the employer may ask the employee to provide corrected data. That may lead to the illegal alien simply supplying a new fake SSN, with the withheld funds remaining in the ESF.

The Government Accountability Office stated in Congressional testimony in 2006 that “...the ESF, which contained roughly 250 million records as of December 2004, appears to include an increasing number of records associated with probable unauthorized work” mostly from workers employed in “...eating and drinking establishments and construction.” 7

Tell that to the cops having to deal with MS-13, fatal drunk driving wrecks, hit and runs, home invasions, rapes, murders and other assorted sundry crimes that their population commits at a greater rate than the local populations they have invaded.

You again equate 12 million illegals with violent criminals.  I'm seeing a pattern

They get more free shit at my expense than citizens of this country receive.

Boldly stated.  Prove it.

11.9???  That's funny right there.

That is from a link a border patriot passed my way.  Do you have a link from even more biased source you want to introduce?

I don't care.  They're criminals and should be treated as such.

So much for liberty and sovereignty in your world.  Import the barbarians, get conquered from within by them.

Lesson from history.

History guides my perspective, but it is the history of 80 years ago that I see being repeated.

Well that makes you no different than the Leftists who want it scrapped for Communism or the Populists who dismiss it for pragmatism.

Apparently "laws" only apply to existing American citizens who need to be subjugated and raped by their government, while being replaced by illegal aliens intent on reconquinista.

I'm telling you that when you use government to force me to subsidize those you want provisions given to illegal third world squatters because they are your pet charity - YES, I'm telling you that you are advocating and supporting tyranny.  Period.  End of sentence.

The mad tyrant Once-Ler does have a nice ring to it.

You're a tyrant because you support using government to put a gun to our heads to pay for an invasion by Mexico and South America.   People you want to do shit you don't want to pay for, who are not citizens of this country and have no intentions of assimilating into our culture.

Thanx for your reply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Again, an extreme viewpoint is to allow lawbreaking. We are a Republic. If one wants to change the laws, go through congress, not force your personal views on the population. Also, without a doubt, open open open borders encourages organized crime. The whole system would need to be overhauled.

Offline TomSea

Who are you talking too @TomSea ?  It's not yourself.  You're debating me right now.  You just did.   This is a joke, yes?

An observation.

I repeat myself but if one wants to change the laws, go through congress.

It is an extreme view,  sometimes, one does not wish to be confrontational.

It's allowing law breaking. We have laws.

An observation.

I repeat myself but if one wants to change the laws, go through congress.

It is an extreme view,  sometimes, one does not wish to be confrontational.

It's allowing law breaking. We have laws.

Go through the congress that can't pass Obamacare repeal, border funding, DACA solution, or regular appropriation bills...they can't pass spending bills...it's kind of their job I think. 

So when the law is wrong, and congress abdicates their responsibility, where do you turn?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Will someone please call the fire dept on this thread and have it put out?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Right!  Laura hun fourteen pages in and you have at least one fully racist white bashing supporter of your stupidity. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Right!  Laura hun fourteen pages in and you have at least one fully racist white bashing supporter of your stupidity.

@Chosen Daughter

White bashing?  Please point to one post with white bashing.  You won't cause you can't.

Offline TomSea

000hehehehe

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Forcefully stated.  Prove it and so what?  Why do I care if the government gives my tax dollar to an illegal instead of paying the salary of Peter Strzok, the former John McCain, or Rudy Giuliani?  I don't believe illegal workers are a burden.  I believe they work jobs nobody else wants to do.  I believe this because it is a fact.  They are working to pay for rich people to collect Social Security they can't themselves collect.  I believe illegals are afraid of deportation so they don't utilize the police or other government freebies at as high a rate as Americans. 

https://www.fairus.org/issue/workforce-economy/illegal-aliens-taking-us-jobs

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

The civilian labor force participation rate in 2010 was about 65%.  I believe it is indisputable that a higher percentage of illegals work than Americans. 

Lots of Americans don't have to work because Uncle Sam provides.  Who the hell is going to support that lifestyle without the taxpaying workers?  and there are 8.5 illegal million of them.  That is 8.5 million jobs I don't want to do but I want done right.  I want my bank cleaned, and my burger cooked, and my oil changed, my lawn treated by competent workers.  but I don't want to pay union wages to get it done.  The solution is not to foist basket case Americans on businesses.  American businesses don't want to hire the space cases, druggies, or relatives of @Wingnut .  People that can't hold a job because they are unreliable.  The felons and recently kicked off unemployment.  I know this will likely be considered a hate crime by somebody but most employers don't want to hired people with face tattoos or recurring roles on Cops.

and yet they are already here by the millions, already working by the millions, and many speak better English than my President. 

I believe workers pay for themselves.

Well then I guess 8.5 million are not really here.  If a law is not enforced, is it really a law?

You know what you do @Once-Ler   All Americans according to you have absolutely nothing to offer employers.  They are drug addicts, and welfare cases.....blah, blah, blah.  If a corporation can't see that a person is missing their teeth from using too much meth its their problem.  Hey, if the guy shows up for work in dark sunglasses there may be a problem?  There are drug addict Hispanics too.  We just had one didn't show up for work.  In jail.  Problem is hiring friends and relatives of employee's that don't work themselves.  What happened to a good old fashioned interview where you judge the character of the person you intend on hiring.  Oh believe me we have had some winners at our company and it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with sloppy management.

Hispanics don't do drugs or use welfare?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

You know what you do @Once-Ler   All Americans according to you have absolutely nothing to offer employers.  They are drug addicts, and welfare cases.....blah, blah, blah.  If a corporation can't see that a person is missing their teeth from using too much meth its their problem.  Hey, if the guy shows up for work in dark sunglasses there may be a problem?  There are drug addict Hispanics too.  We just had one didn't show up for work.  In jail.  Problem is hiring friends and relatives of employee's that don't work themselves.  What happened to a good old fashioned interview where you judge the character of the person you intend on hiring.  Oh believe me we have had some winners at our company and it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with sloppy management.

I often use sarcasm to make a point.  I'm declaring this because I want you to know my reply contains no sarcasm.

That was the best reply I have read this hellish week, because I read it, and read it again, and read it again and I still don't think I'm getting some of your argument fully...but I want to.

You have presented your opinion without snark at me.  I actually believe you want me to understand your points.  Your points are not polished and not edited for clarity, but I have no doubt to your sincerity.  I find the honesty of your post courageous because we at TBR have trained each other to attack first and think never.

All Americans according to you have absolutely nothing to offer employers.
I never said that, and I don't believe that.  I believe current legal American workers are superior over illegal workers, on average, in every conceivable way.  But when the unemployment rate dips below a certain point..I'll go with 5%...The worst 5% of America's workers (Druggies, criminals, insane, sociopaths, losers forced off welfare) compete with the best illegals.  I believe American business should not be responsible for employing losers, and I don't think American business employing malfunctioning Americans is a benefit of border security.
They are drug addicts, and welfare cases.....blah, blah, blah. 
   Most of the people currently not retired or employed?  Absolutely.
If a corporation can't see that a person is missing their teeth from using too much meth its their problem.  Hey, if the guy shows up for work in dark sunglasses there may be a problem?
You sound like someone who interviews employees.  I am too.  I am ashamed of some of the losers...who I knew were loser...that I hired because nobody else applied.  Sometimes we would have been better off shutting the company down for the night.
There are drug addict Hispanics too.  We just had one didn't show up for work.  In jail.  Problem is hiring friends and relatives of employee's that don't work themselves.  What happened to a good old fashioned interview where you judge the character of the person you intend on hiring.  Oh believe me we have had some winners at our company and it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with sloppy management.

Sure they do.  I have never said otherwise...I just don't think 12 million illegals are guilty of drugs and welfare fraud because some illegals are.

Again I commend you on your post.  I believe you have laid out your honest opinion with class.  I appreciate this opportunity to understand you better, and I want you to understand me too.  While we don't agree I believe you are good person who wants what is best for your country and your grand children, and I hope you have a nice weekend @Chosen Daughter .

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wow someone has so many "I believes" in their post that I thought I was stuck in a warped Steve Martin bit. There are people that believe the Earth is Flat, that Obama was born in Hawaii, that the moon landings were fake. Believing something doesn't make it true any more than clapping your hands kept Tinkerbell from dying when you were a child.

There is a simple immutable fact ILLEGAL immigrants cost honest legal taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, through social programs, education, legal and penal system and lives. Anybody that believes otherwise is still enamored with Tinkerbell and living in fantasy.........................or a socialist.

Wow someone has so many "I believes" in their post that I thought I was stuck in a warped Steve Martin bit.

@GtHawk
<NOPE>
There are people that believe the Earth is Flat, that Obama was born in Hawaii, that the moon landings were fake. Believing something doesn't make it true any more than clapping your hands kept Tinkerbell from dying when you were a child.
@Quix I got nothing more to say <NOPE> You want a shot?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:15:14 pm by MOD3 »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

@GtHawk
<NOPE>.@Quix I got nothing more <NOPE>  You want a shot?
@Once-Ler
I'm an idiot? You're the talking out of his ass about how illegals don't cost us hundreds of millions of dollars and compare their leaching off the taxpayer from the first day they arrive to legal residents and Citizens who have worked to pay into the social programs they use.  Maybe they can start trucking the illegals out of California up to you, since you are so woefully inexperienced in life with them. You sir<NOPE>!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:16:03 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!

@GtHawk
Have the balls to ping me when you slander me pu$$y.@Quix I got nothing more to say to this idiot.  You want a shot?

Looks like you've done an admirable job.

I'm increasingly trying to obey the Biblical injunction in the NT to avoid fruitless arguments.

This exchange seems like a prime candidate to practice such restraint--as uncommon as that might have been for me in the past. LOL.

It is obvious, to me, that the globalist oligarchy is increasingly energetic and aggressive in stirring up hostility and other negative emotions, actions and diatribes against POTUS TRUMP and his efforts to expose and punish the outrageous evil and evil doers.

Folks who fail to realize that are likely to be deluded and remain in serious blindness and ignorance.

Nevertheless, I think the evidence is building strongly that God is serious about using TRUMP to trash said evil doers and to release their human trafficked victims--particularly the children.

The MSM noise is charitably described as 'noise.' It is idiotic blathering by the stooges of the oligarchy--who are actually the stooges of hell. It is typically outrageous brazen flaunting of gross and extreme hypocrisy.

Why anyone would think that such gross hypocrisy has anything to offer honorable persons, is mystifying, to me.

But then, propagandistic lobotomizing has a number of sad results.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
that Obama was born in Hawaii,

@GtHawk

Obomber WAS born in Hawaii,and his mother WAS  a US Citizen. He is NOT a foreigner,but he IS a traitor. If he WAS a foreigner,he would not and could not be a traitor.

WHY do people obsess over this conspiracy shit? Bathhouse Barry couldn't possibly be a bigger oxygen thief if it were all true,so HOW does it benefit anybody to hold close to BullBarack like it is a dearly loved child?

Focus on what is real. There is  plenty of it to focus on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@GtHawk

Obomber WAS born in Hawaii,and his mother WAS  a US Citizen. He is NOT a foreigner,but he IS a traitor. If he WAS a foreigner,he would not and could not be a traitor.

WHY do people obsess over this conspiracy shit? Bathhouse Barry couldn't possibly be a bigger oxygen thief if it were all true,so HOW does it benefit anybody to hold close to BullBarack like it is a dearly loved child?

Focus on what is real. There is  plenty of it to focus on.

I have some swampland in Arizona that I think you might be interested in.  Or perhaps a bridge in Brooklyn!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien