Author Topic: Trump to Meet Tuesday With GOP Reps To Talk Amnesty, Wall, Immigration  (Read 996 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump to Meet Tuesday With GOP Reps To Talk Amnesty, Wall, Immigration
Breitbart, Jun 16, 2018, Neil Munro

President Donald Trump will meet with House GOP legislators on Tuesday to talk about the two pending amnesty bills in the House, White House officials say.

Trump will likely use the meeting to show legislators that he is willing to take the political gamble of supporting the two bills, both of which combine sweeping changes in immigration laws plus cuts to immigration numbers with an unpopular amnesty.

The first bill offers work-permits for 700,000 illegals, and the so-called “moderate” bill offers amnesty to a population at least 1.8 million illegals plus green cards for a few hundred thousand foreign guest-workers

Both bills implement most of Trump’s Four Pillars reform because they are written by the same team of staffers in the House judiciary committee, chaired by Rep. Bob Goodlatte. The bills provide $25 billion for a border wall, closure of several border-wall loopholes, cuts to chain-migration, and end the diversity visa lottery.

Both bills cut immigration by at least two million foreigners over the next decade, even as they also redistribute the freed-up green cards from the excluded migrants to the resident population of illegals and guest-workers.

Even if the House Speaker Paul Ryan pushes either of the bills through the House, the bills cannot get through the Senate without support from 60 Senators

More:  http://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2018/06/16/trump-meets-with-gop-reps-to-talk-amnesty-migration/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Even if the House Speaker Paul Ryan pushes either of the bills through the House, the bills cannot get through the Senate without support from 60 Senators

This little nugget finally sounds like some good news.  I'd prefer this issue go directly to the American people during the upcoming midterms.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:33:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

This little nugget finally sounds like some good news.  I'd prefer this issue go directly to the American people during the upcoming midterms.

??  Why do you consider amnesty in any way good news?  If you think after he grants amnesty (and he's already made that announcement in consideration of DACA) that he's going to get $$ for a wall you are dreaming.

There is no saving his administration or the GOP if he grants amnesty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Happy Father's Day Mr President.

Offline dfwgator

So what do you want?  Amnesty?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
And one more thing Trump voters will shrug their shoulders about.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So what do you want?  Amnesty?
Yes.
Identify the people here we don't know about. Let people who want to work stay.  Deport the criminals.  Streamline legal immigration to reduce illegal immigration.  Don't separate families seeking asylum.

Yes.  That is what I want.

Offline dfwgator

Yes.
Identify the people here we don't know about. Let people who want to work stay.  Deport the criminals.  Streamline legal immigration to reduce illegal immigration.  Don't separate families seeking asylum.

Send them back to Mexico and they stay together....Oh, or is it that Meh-Hee-Co really is a shithole?

Offline corbe

Should be an interesting week for President 'I'll sign anything' Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes.

No!  Those people can get in line and immigrate the right way!  Allowing them to cut the line is a slap in the face to every single one of the millions who are seeking to do it the right way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

No!  Those people can get in line and immigrate the right way!  Allowing them to cut the line is a slap in the face to every single one of the millions who are seeking to do it the right way!

Exactly. There is already a path to citizenship, it's called, "Go to the back of the line, just like everybody else."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Doesn't appear to be a father in that photo.  Unless the Border Patrol guy is.