Author Topic: North Korea Isn't Dismantling Missile Facilities, Satellite Imagery Reveals  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There aren't, and never were, any guarantees that the overtures towards North Korea would work.  That isn't a reason not to try.

We have some very smart, rather hawkish guys in key foreign policy positions -- Pompeo, Bolton, Mattis, Kelly.  If, after a reasonable period of time, it becomes clear that the Norks were just screwing with us all along, I have little doubt that Trump's tone and approach towards them will change significantly.  As I posted elsewhere, Trump bending over backwards in this effort actually makes military action more likely, because there will be no alternatives left to try if this effort fails.

But a week isn't a reasonable period of time to make that determination.

Offline dfwgator

Gee, it's been what, five days?

Oceander

There aren't, and never were, any guarantees that the overtures towards North Korea would work.  That isn't a reason not to try.

We have some very smart, rather hawkish guys in key foreign policy positions -- Pompeo, Bolton, Mattis, Kelly.  If, after a reasonable period of time, it becomes clear that the Norks were just screwing with us all along, I have little doubt that Trump's tone and approach towards them will change significantly.  As I posted elsewhere, Trump bending over backwards in this effort actually makes military action more likely, because there will be no alternatives left to try if this effort fails.

Of course.  Which is why it is pointless, or disingenuous, to sell that meeting as anything other than just that: a meeting, where the dogs sniff each others’ tails and decide if they’re going to stick around or not. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Gee, it's been what, five days?
@dfwgator
We all know Trump is God.  That being said, NK should be Nuke Free in 6 days so he can rest on the 7th and all us trumpeters can worship him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And this is true.  But the consternation is over insistent declarations of victory and success in the face of media who are declaring it a disaster.  Both positions are abjectly stupid. 

That said, some things Trump has said about Lil' Kim are outright idiotic while the things most of his rabid fanbase are saying about this "victory" are even more ridiculous.

We should all have a strong knee-jerk negative reaction to anyone insisting that we are going to have 'peace in our time' when negotiating with despotic and totalitarian regimes and tyrants.  However, while that used to be standard for Conservatives when the Liberals were proclaiming it over their appeasements of the world's despots, today they engage in doing the same simply because of unyielding devotion to their man at 1600 Pennsylvania.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

Excuse Me, @Wingnut but it seems to have been an ol time Tent Revival since he left Singapore 5 days ago, here, more often than not.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

Excuse Me, @Wingnut but it seems to have been an ol time Tent Revival since he left Singapore 5 days ago, here, more often than not.

TBR gets suddenly still
And when you'd almost bet
You could hear yourself sweat, he walks in
Eyes black as coal
And when he lifts his face
Every ear in the place is on him
Starting soft and slow
Like a small earthquake
And when he lets go
Half the valley shakes
It's Trump, Brother 
Brother Trumps Travelling Salvation Show

Everyone knows. Everyone goes.

Offline corbe

I've heard about that Revival, My Mama wouldn't let me go.

*incidentally that's the Black and Hispanic vote he's holding in his hands. 

His Base is SAFE!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

I've heard about that Revival, My Mama wouldn't let me go.

*incidentally that's the Black and Hispanic vote he's holding in his hands. 

His Base is SAFE!

Mama told you not to come.

Will you have whiskey with your water
Or sugar with your tea
What are these crazy questions
That they're asking of me
This is the craziest party
That there ever could be
Oh, don't turn on the light
'Cause I don't want to see

Offline Suppressed

Come on...don't you realize it takes some time to plan the dismantling and relocation of such facilities?!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

Mama told you not to come.

Will you have whiskey with your water
Or sugar with your tea
What are these crazy questions
That they're asking of me
This is the craziest party
That there ever could be
Oh, don't turn on the light
'Cause I don't want to see

Do you know any songs about beating a straw horse? That'd sure be a hit at the NT sock hop.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you know any songs about beating a straw horse? That'd sure be a hit at the NT sock hop.

88devil

Offline kevindavis007

OK, I guess we are now taking the Communist North Korean's word for it.

Gotcha.

Sad that conservatives believe a Communist country..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline roamer_1

Everyone knows. Everyone goes.

H/T for the Neil Diamond Reference...
 888high58888

Offline corbe

Here's one about a Man in a Long Orange Coat beating on a dead horse.

Joan Osborne: Man in the Long Black Coat

! No longer available

Offline WingNot

Straw horse.. Straw Horse hmmmm.  Nope.   How about Stone Ponies.
Perfect song to describe an NT'er..
You and I travel to the beat of a diff'rent drum.
Oh, can't you tell by the way I run
Ev'ry time you make eyes at me. Wo oh.
You cry and you moan and say it will work out.
But honey child I've got my doubts.
You can't see the forest for the trees.

Offline Suppressed

Sad that conservatives believe a Communist country..

It's not conservatives doing the believing; it's Trump supporters.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cough <bullshit>

You have something to prove the report is false?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

You have something to prove the report is false?

Yep.  The Nt'ers are pushing it. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yep.  The Nt'ers are pushing it.

So you have no proof it's false...got it.

Do you realize how DU-esque that kind of response sounds?  Or do you even care at this point?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:21:01 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!