Author Topic: Ryan Not Comfortable With Separating Parents, Kids at Border  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ryan Not Comfortable With Separating Parents, Kids at Border
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 10:47:20 am »
We incarcerate people every day and separate kids from parents.

Are you advocating that no one goes to jail if one is a parent?

Exactly what in your mind is the difference?

Breaking the law has consequences, and the lawbreakers must suffer,a s they all do in our judicial system.
@IsailedawayfromFR

Speeders break the law.  Jay walkers break the law.  Litterers break the law.  Do we rip their families apart.  The law is wrong it should be changed.  The law has been wrong many times before, and the fact that we have 20 million people facing deportation because they went to work on the wrong day is proof to me that the law needs an adjustment.

But don't worry, nothing will be done because republicans need a scapegoat to keep their Brietbart voters frothy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:48:21 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 11:25:45 am »
Speeders break the law.  Jay walkers break the law.  Litterers break the law.  Do we rip their families apart.  The law is wrong it should be changed.  The law has been wrong many times before, and the fact that we have 20 million people facing deportation because they went to work on the wrong day is proof to me that the law needs an adjustment.

But don't worry, nothing will be done because republicans need a scapegoat to keep their Brietbart voters frothy.

Actually, we do separate kids from their parent when the parent is arrested for breaking the law.
You are in luck. No one will or has ever been deported for going to work on the wrong day. There is no law against going to work on the wrong day.
So you can rest easy and celebrate winning.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:26:26 am by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 01:37:07 am »
@Restored
We incarcerate people every day and separate kids from parents.

Are you advocating that no one goes to jail if one is a parent?

Exactly what in your mind is the difference?

Breaking the law has consequences, and the lawbreakers must suffer,a s they all do in our judicial system.

Speeders break the law.  Jay walkers break the law.  Litterers break the law.  Do we rip their families apart?
Actually, we do separate kids from their parent when the parent is arrested for breaking the law.
For speeding, jay walking, or littering?  WTF?  Did you read my post and fail to comprehend it, or are you a bot?

Quote from: Once-Ler
The law is wrong it should be changed.  The law has been wrong many times before, and the fact that we have 20 million people facing deportation because they went to work on the wrong day is proof to me that the law needs an adjustment.
Quote from: Restored
You are in luck. No one will or has ever been deported for going to work on the wrong day. There is no law against going to work on the wrong day.
There is if you exist in the USA without papers like 20 million others.  I'm going with bot...why else respond with drivel...either way you have expressed your respect for my intelligence.  That ought to earn you a high five from @DCPatriot  and @Right_in_Virginia .

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 01:58:03 am »
@Restored 
For speeding, jay walking, or littering?  WTF?  Did you read my post and fail to comprehend it, or are you a bot?

Did you read the post you're replying to and fail to comprehend it, or are you a bot?

Hint: the post said ARRESTED.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.