Author Topic: Trump says he 'wouldn't sign' GOP leaders' immigration bill  (Read 411 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump says he 'wouldn't sign' GOP leaders' immigration bill
Washington Times, Jun 15, 2018, Stephen Dinan and Seth McLaughlin

President Trump seemed to undercut House GOP leaders’ new immigration bill Friday, suggesting in an interview that he “certainly wouldn’t sign” it if it reached his desk.

Mr. Trump, interviewed on the “Fox & Friends” morning program, was asked about the two bills GOP leaders will put up for votes next week. One is an enforcement-focused bill by Rep. Bob Goodlatte, while the other is a compromise overseen by the party leaders, which combines an amnesty for some illegal immigrants with major changes to enforcement and pathways for legal immigration.

“I’m looking at both of them. I certainly wouldn’t sign the more moderate one,” Mr. Trump said.

“I need a bill that gives this country tremendous border security. I have to have that,” he said.

Mr. Trump said Friday that includes ending the “catch-and-release” of illegal immigrants.

“We catch a criminal, a real criminal, a rough, tough, criminal, we take his name and then we release him, and we say, ‘Please show up to court in a couple of months,’ ” Mr. Trump said. “You know what the chances of getting him to court are? Like zero.”

Read more:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/15/donald-trump-wouldnt-sign-gop-leaders-immigration-/

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump says he 'wouldn't sign' GOP leaders' immigration bill
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:32 pm »
If Trump hangs tough on this issue and manages to secure the border & achieves real permanent reforms to the ludicrous chain migration & refugee scams, but accomplishes not a single other thing, his presidency will have been a enormous success for the nation.

If he pulls it off he'll have to do it without the help of most of the friggen' GOP.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:55:01 pm »
It's funny how the GOP pretends it can pass anything.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 06:03:09 pm »
Trump says he 'wouldn't sign' GOP leaders' immigration bill
Washington Times, Jun 15, 2018, Stephen Dinan and Seth McLaughlin

President Trump seemed to undercut House GOP leaders’ new immigration bill Friday, suggesting in an interview that he “certainly wouldn’t sign” it if it reached his desk.

Mr. Trump, interviewed on the “Fox & Friends” morning program, was asked about the two bills GOP leaders will put up for votes next week. One is an enforcement-focused bill by Rep. Bob Goodlatte, while the other is a compromise overseen by the party leaders, which combines an amnesty for some illegal immigrants with major changes to enforcement and pathways for legal immigration.

“I’m looking at both of them. I certainly wouldn’t sign the more moderate one,” Mr. Trump said.

“I need a bill that gives this country tremendous border security. I have to have that,” he said.

Mr. Trump said Friday that includes ending the “catch-and-release” of illegal immigrants.

“We catch a criminal, a real criminal, a rough, tough, criminal, we take his name and then we release him, and we say, ‘Please show up to court in a couple of months,’ ” Mr. Trump said. “You know what the chances of getting him to court are? Like zero.”

Read more:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/15/donald-trump-wouldnt-sign-gop-leaders-immigration-/

Good for President Trump!!  He needs to stand his ground on this.  This is what got him elected.  Lord only knows the RINO's and liberal leftists mental midgets aren't going to help him with this.  Hopefully, they'll get the message that he's sending them.  Secondly, Congress would be wise to follow his lead; mid terms are just around the corner.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.