Author Topic: How long-term depression alters the brain  (Read 591 times)

rangerrebew

How long-term depression alters the brain
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:51:11 am »
How long-term depression alters the brain
Published Monday 5 March 2018
By Maria Cohut   
Fact checked by Jasmin Collier   

Depression has become a common mental health problem. For some, this condition lingers for many years, and scientists now strive to understand how that might affect the brain, and how treatments should be adjusted to address these changes.

When depression doesn't loosen its grip for a decade, how does it impact the brain?

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), across the United States, 8.1 percent of people over the age of 20 have depression over any given 2-week period.

For some people, depression might only be episodic and overcome within a matter of weeks or months.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321101.php

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: How long-term depression alters the brain
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:39:41 pm »
I've had it... and it does damage. Believe you me.

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:47:01 pm »
I have suffered from depression for a long time now, the problem is I just didn't realize/ didn't want to admit I had it.
e
Sadly my wife had just left me "to force me to get help" and it worked, but she has said she won't take me back regardless.

Which has sucken me into a deeper depression than I could ever have :(  just don't know what to do.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 03:47:14 pm »
I have suffered from depression for a long time now, the problem is I just didn't realize/ didn't want to admit I had it.
e
Sadly my wife had just left me "to force me to get help" and it worked, but she has said she won't take me back regardless.

Which has sucken me into a deeper depression than I could ever have :(  just don't know what to do.

God bless you and give you peace.

If it forced you to get help and it worked, then you know what to do.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer