Author Topic: Trump, Ryan, and Walker Want to Seize Wisconsin Homes to Build a Foxconn Plant  (Read 651 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
State and local officials are doling out $4.5 billion and 1,000 acres to lure the Taiwanese manufacturing giant....

...Powerful forces—including Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R), the Taiwanese manufacturing giant Foxconn, and President Donald Trump—have aligned, to turn more than 1,000 acres of Wisconsin farmland and family homes into an LCD screen manufacturing facility.
Reason visited the village of Mt. Pleasant to speak with homeowners facing the threat of eminent domain, and the local government officials responsible for acquiring the land on behalf of Foxconn, which is receiving $4.5 billion in subsidies and tax breaks. The project was sold to the public with a promise of 13,000 jobs and billions in additional tax revenue......

https://reason.com/reasontv/2018/06/14/foxconn-mt-pleasant-eminent-domain

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
why cant they just buy it,  offer them enough money and it will sell
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

Reason is biased and has its share of fake news.  I don't know that I would trust it as a source. 

Offline Frank Cannon

I'd like to seize all of Wisconsin and burn it as contraband.

Offline ABX

Reason is biased and has its share of fake news.  I don't know that I would trust it as a source.

Reason is biased toward Constitutionally limited government and has decades upon decades track record of accuracy. It is a lot more trustworthy than most sources out there.

Offline ABX

Add here it is straight from the horses mouth from Wisconsin's government site on the plan including land area to be stolen eminent domain acquired. So even if you don't trust Reason for some reason....

https://wisconnvalley.wi.gov/Pages/background_info.aspx