Author Topic: Is De Niro the new Jane Fonda?  (Read 618 times)

rangerrebew

Is De Niro the new Jane Fonda?
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:10:26 pm »
Exclusive: Jane Chastain says actor and his ilk are telling fans, 'Shut up and buy tickets!'
Published: 13 hours ago

For decades, the political class, as well as other influential people, have observed the maxim “politics stops at the water’s edge.” This simply means that when a president is dealing with a matter of national importance abroad, the criticism stops until the crisis is averted or, at the very least, he is back safety inside the confines of the United States.

With President Trump, that is no longer the case. The political atmosphere in Washington is so toxic that Democrats, and some members of his own party, feel free to take pot shots at him even as he deals with issues that could avert nuclear war.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/06/is-de-niro-the-new-jane-fonda/#6ZX63gr03ocTIfyq.99

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Is De Niro the new Jane Fonda?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:27:34 pm »
What does Jane Fonda and De Niro have to do with the rest of the story?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:39:43 pm »
I think De Niro has gone way past the point of TDS. He is showing signs of full blown dementia. He reminds me of the old guy in the neighborhood who is constantly yelling at everyone to "Get off his f-ing lawn!", even if you just walk by on the sidewalk. He has lost it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:27 pm »
In answer to the headline:  No, he is not.  Trash talking a President doesn't compare to the crimes Fonda visited upon brave soldiers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 01:31:32 pm »
It didn't start with Trump. They got their first taste with Nixon. Each time they've lost the White House since the democrats have become increasingly hysterical. They tried to nail Reagan with the secret pre-election flight to Iran & Iran Contra. With Bush it was 'he was selected not elected'.

Regarding Trump they're just following the same trajectory. Now in many cases they openly reject the will of the voters - with many in the GOP nodding in silent approval.

Of course they'll suddenly revert back to traditionalists when they win.

Any fool can see where this is ultimately headed.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 01:31:54 pm »
I think De Niro has gone way past the point of TDS. He is showing signs of full blown dementia. He reminds me of the old guy in the neighborhood who is constantly yelling at everyone to "Get off his f-ing lawn!", even if you just walk by on the sidewalk. He has lost it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 01:49:54 pm »

No. Hanoi Jane was at least coherent.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 02:02:34 pm »
I stand by my previous statement that De Niro probably took too many head shots making "Raging Bull," and it's finally caught up with him.