Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein To Ask House Intel Committee To Investigate Republican Staffers  (Read 917 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Chuck Ross | Reporter

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/12/rosenstein-investigate-republican-committee/

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will recommend that the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence open an internal investigation of its Republican staffers following a damning new report from Fox News, a Department of Justice official said Tuesday.

“[Rosenstein] will request that the House General counsel conduct an internal investigation of these Congressional staffers’ conduct,” the official told Fox News.

The statement was included in a report alleging that Rosenstein threatened to subpoena Republican staffers on the House panel during a closed-door meeting in January 2018. (RELATED: Nunes Accuses DOJ Of ‘Obstruction’ In Battle Over ‘Spygate’ Files)
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

I think it's crystal clear that Rosenstein is out to cover his own butt and will make false accusations in order to do so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Wulf Anson Author
Shows one HUGE set of presumptions on Rosenstein's part.

He, does not have oversight over Congress. Congress Does have oversight over him.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He, does not have oversight over Congress. Congress Does have oversight over him.

That is the question.  And if it doesn't this once great republic is officially toast.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

To bad we don't have a real Attorney General, sadly we have that coward Jeff Sessions.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:49:18 pm by jpsb »

Offline libertybele

To bad we don't have a real Attorney General, sadly we have that POS Jeff Sessions.

...to add insult to injury, Trump is the one who appointed him, based on advice from his pal Giuliani.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

...to add insult to injury, Trump is the one who appointed him, based on advice from his pal Giuliani.

Sessions fooled a lot of people including me, I never thought he would be a cowardly back stabbing
traitor. I sincerely hope that after the midterms he is gone. Fired in disgrace.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:54:53 pm by jpsb »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rosenstein thinks he's the fourth branch of government.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think it's fair to say Sessions is a disappointing surprise to all of us.

Offline aligncare

Word. He’s cost taxpayers $17m so far, with no end in sight. Not to mention the political damage it’s inflicted on the administration.

Offline libertybele

Frankly, I was rather surprised when Trump appointed Sessions in the first place.  I found it odd that Sessions defended Cruz on immigration but then tossed his support to Trump.  I felt he was a mistake from the very beginning. I've said it before, but I believe Sessions has been bought and paid for.  As for Giuliani suggesting his appointment, that raises a huge red flag, especially now since Trump has embraced him into his legal team.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If the details of the meeting of GOP staffers and Rosenstein are true, then it sounds like Rosenstein has backed off from his original threat to investigate them.

Maybe he realized he doesn't have the power he thought he did.

The other question is - why wasn't Sessions handling this? Has he recused himself here too?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:06:27 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

• Wulf Anson Author
Silence! Deputy AG Rosenstein Threatened To Investigate GOP Lawmakers and Staff; UPDATE: He's Launching Internal Probe

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/06/12/reports-deputy-ag-rosenstein-threatened-to-turn-tables-on-investigating-gop-lawm-n2490055   

[Snip]

From colleague Catherine Herridge. GOP FL Rep Matt Gaetz says DoJ has tried to intimidate staff over attempted Hse oversight. Says "staff has literally been scared to the point of physically shaking in my Congressional office out of concern for their family."
    — Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) June 13, 2018

• Wulf Anson Author

Offline endicom

Andrew C. McCarthy

Rod Rosenstein’s Subpoena Threat: He’s Conflicted, and He’s Acting Like It: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/rod-rosenstein-subpoena-threat-shows-conflict-of-interest/

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:08:24 am by endicom »