Author Topic: Senators Include Medical Marijuana Protections In Justice Department Bill  (Read 331 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Forbes 6/12/2018 by  Tom Angell

For the first time ever, a provision protecting state medical marijuana laws is being included in base funding legislation for the U.S. Department of Justice.

While the provision in question has been federal law since 2014, in years past its enactment has required votes on the House floor or in a Senate committee. But now, in a dramatic sign of the rapidly changing politics of cannabis , the budget rider is part of the initial spending bill for the Justice Department as introduced by Republican Senate leaders.

"It's taken years of hard work by patients and their advocates, but we've finally reached the point where even in a U.S. Senate controlled by Republicans, a medical marijuana provision is not considered a poison pill and its support requires no further debate," Don Murphy, director of federal policies for the Marijuana Policy Project, said in an interview.

The Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies approved Fiscal Year 2019 spending legislation including the measure on Tuesday. A full committee vote on the overall bill is expected on Thursday.

More: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/06/12/senators-include-medical-marijuana-protections-in-justice-department-bill/#3ecfed586b2d

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
Meanwhile, Republican and Democratic lawmakers are teaming up....(snip)... “I really do. I support Senator Gardner,” the president said on Friday of when asked if he supports the bill, filed last week by Sens. Cory Gardner (R-CO) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)..... (snip)..... Democrats cheered the move....

People here at TBR celebrating this like it is some conservative win. Sen. Cory Gardner is ranked in the top 10 RINOs at Conservative Review (F rating 43% conservative) and Elizabeth Warren is as far left as it gets. But that is ok, the Pot must be freed. The heck-with-Sessions the crowd yells, heck, even President Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani saying former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie would do well as attorney general in the Trump administration.  Now half of TBR will agree with flaming liberal Giuliani because they want their drugs no matter what it does to this nation.

Good grief. I thought I was at a conservative web site.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:09:57 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....