Author Topic: McConnell: 'Everybody' in Senate likes pre-existing condition safeguards  (Read 405 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said “everybody” in the Senate wants to preserve consumer protections for people with pre-existing conditions, an Obamacare provision that the Trump administration last week said is unconstitutional and should be struck down in court.

“Everybody I know in the Senate — everybody — is in favor of maintaining coverage for pre-existing conditions,” McConnell told reporters in the Capitol. “There is no difference in opinion about that whatsoever.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/12/senate-pre-existing-conditions-health-care-mcconnell-621128
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Coverage for pre-existing conditions should be subject to the continuous insurance requirement, 90 to 180 day waiting period, and/or increased premiums that were applied to insurance policies prior to Obamacare.

Offline dfwgator

And everybody likes free ponies, too.

Offline goodwithagun

And everybody likes free ponies, too.

Minor thread hijack based on your post-
Me to my four-year-old daughter at the beginning of Mass Sunday: Kneel down and pray for daddy to have a safe day at work. (Hubby is a professional firefighter.)
Daughter: I’m gonna pray for a unicorn!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread postings.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

Coverage for pre-existing conditions should be subject to the continuous insurance requirement, 90 to 180 day waiting period, and/or increased premiums that were applied to insurance policies prior to Obamacare.

Right.

Before obama/care. I was looking at setting up a company based health care plan(real small company...3-4 people).

Anyways, I had pretty much decided to join the Chamber of Commerce(although I detests the politics..open borders). It would have cost me $150.00 a year, then I would have access to a plethora of plans.

Everyone covered pre-existing after 120 days if you lapsed coverage. If you switched from one covered plan... no laps in coverage for pre-existing.

BCBS is what I had decided on. 1 million total, $4000.00 deductible, see whomever you want. Point of service. I had three to cover, myself at 49... $250.00 a month, my Son 19... $240.00, His wife 20... 270.00. So really great plan, pre obama,  $750.00 a month for three..... add as many kids as they would have... another $250.00 a month. This included maternity/prenatal care.

And it covered pre-existing.

I hate liberals/obama/marxist... as I still do not have any health coverage.

Looking forward to President Trump..... and some real coverage policies.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass