Author Topic: 'Why did you have to kill?' Ex-Tory leader blasts Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to his face over Gaz  (Read 915 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Keep in mind, the man who said this is Jewish himself.  Video at link.

'Why did you have to kill?' Ex-Tory leader blasts Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to his face over Gaza protesters
Lord Michael Howard demanded to know why Israeli forces had to kill Palestinian protesters

ByNicola Bartlett Political Correspondent

7 JUN 2018

A former Tory leader blasted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to his face - demanding to know “why did you have to kill” protesters in Gaza to stop them scaling a border fence.

Lord Michael Howard, who is himself Jewish, told Mr Netanyahu many people agree with Israel’s right to stop protesters entering Israel.

But in extraordinary scenes at a public meeting, he asked him: “Why couldn’t you use rubber bullets, why couldn’t you - if in extremis you had to use live ammunition why couldn’t you shoot them in the legs? Why did you have to kill them to stop them scaling the fence?”

Read more at: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/why-you-kill-ex-tory-12663049

Offline DB

Because they would continue climbing the fence.

And how do you know which ones have bombs strapped around their bodies? If they get over the fence it is too late.

The choice of climbing the fence and the consequences that follow belong entirely to those doing it.

Offline Frank Cannon

And this is why Britain is a country full of silly fruits like Prince Charles and Rowan Atkinson.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And this is why Britain is a country full of silly fruits like Prince Charles and Rowan Atkinson.

I believe that's Nigel Incubator-Jones.  Quite the twit.

Offline dfwgator

I believe that's Nigel Incubator-Jones.  Quite the twit.

He looks like Prince Charles.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He looks like Prince Charles.

It's from a great Monty Python skit -- the "Upperclass Twit of the Year" contest.

Offline dfwgator

It's from a great Monty Python skit -- the "Upperclass Twit of the Year" contest.

I know. I know. 

Offline goodwithagun

So it is Prince Charles then  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Go create a log in and leave a comment.  They desperately need some diversity of opinion over there.