Author Topic: For the Secret Service, the North Korea summit is seriously stressful by Tom Rogan  (Read 291 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
For the Secret Service, the North Korea summit is seriously stressful
by Tom Rogan
 | June 11, 2018 12:29 PM

Expect smiles and perhaps even a hug or two when President Trump finally meets Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday (9 pm U.S. eastern time on Monday). Just don’t expect those protecting their respective leaders to share the happy emotions.

Because for the U.S. Secret Service and the North Korean Main Office of Adjutants and the Supreme Guard Command, this meeting brings a whole lot of stress, doubts, and possibilities for disaster.

For a start, the Secret Service must consider whether the North Koreans have concocted some harebrained scheme to assassinate Trump. While such a plot is highly unlikely, Kim Jong Un's unpredictability means that the Secret Service cannot rule it out entirely. The Secret Service must also assess whether a psychopath infiltrator in Kim's ranks intends to assassinate Trump. Or whether a member of Kim's security detail is working for coup plotters in Pyongyang and has been ordered to assassinate the two leaders. Or whether any of Kim's bodyguards are Thomas Becket-style aspirants to assassination.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/for-the-secret-service-the-north-korea-summit-is-seriously-stressful
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No worse than Dallas.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."