Author Topic: Trump asks for clemency names and lists promptly arrive at White House  (Read 1382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump asks for clemency names and lists promptly arrive at White House
by Steven Nelson
 | June 11, 2018 06:18 PM

President Trump told reporters Friday that he wanted to give clemency to more people treated unfairly by the legal system, particularly cases involving people like Alice Johnson, who he released from a life sentence for drug dealing at the request of Kim Kardashian West.

"I want to do people that are unfairly treated like an Alice," he said before boarding a Marine helicopter on the South Lawn of the White House. Hours later, lists of additional names were hand-delivered to the West Wing.

White House counsel Don McGahn and presidential adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner sat down for separate meetings with a right-leaning policy advocate who handed them lists of dozens of inmates serving long sentences, according to a person involved in the discussions.

McGahn invited the advocate about a week earlier, requesting names, and seemed to react favorably to the case of Chris Young, a 30-year-old from Tennessee with a life sentence since age 22 for a drug conspiracy, the source said. The sentencing judge called Young's penalty "way out of whack," but said he had no choice.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-asks-for-clemency-names-and-lists-promptly-arrive-at-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Nice.   I like it.  Unlike his pu$$y predecessors who wait till the last hours of a presidency to pardon people so to escape criticism.  Trump says FU. Don't like it vote me out assholes.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Characterization Of Alice Johnson’s Crimes Is Wrong. She Deserved Punishment

The original article in The Tennessean that reported her sentencing got much closer to reality than any of the media two decades later, despite efforts to downplay it as drug war propaganda. “A 41-year-old Memphis woman was sentenced to life in prison for leading a multimillion-dollar drug ring that dealt in tons of cocaine from 1991-94,” it reads.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/08/characterization-alice-johnsons-crimes-wrong-deserved-punishment/

! No longer available

Whatever.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

The Characterization Of Alice Johnson’s Crimes Is Wrong. She Deserved Punishment

The original article in The Tennessean that reported her sentencing got much closer to reality than any of the media two decades later, despite efforts to downplay it as drug war propaganda. “A 41-year-old Memphis woman was sentenced to life in prison for leading a multimillion-dollar drug ring that dealt in tons of cocaine from 1991-94,” it reads.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/08/characterization-alice-johnsons-crimes-wrong-deserved-punishment/

Whatever.

They can always vote him out. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They can always vote him out.

In the meantime, a little consistency and accountability would be sufficient, instead of the shifting sand narrative where nothing means anything.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

In the meantime, a little consistency and accountability would be sufficient, instead of the shifting sand narrative where nothing means anything.
Sometimes nothing can be a cool hand.

Offline corbe

He should pardon Yoko for breaking up the Beatles.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

He should pardon Yoko for breaking up the Beatles.

That wasn't a crime.  It was a blessing

Offline RoosGirl

! No longer available

Whatever.

Imagination is silly,
You go around willy-nilly

Oh well, Trump did it, so it must be good; whatever he does.

Like you, it's the inconsistency that makes me   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

Georgi may think what this broad did is worth a life sentence, but people who kill other people don't even get that. It's fully absurd.

Offline RoosGirl

Georgi may think what this broad did is worth a life sentence, but people who kill other people don't even get that. It's fully absurd.

Eff that.  Trump said people like her deserve the death penalty.

Offline WingNot

You don't give a shit about her.  You just want to piss on Trump. 

Offline RoosGirl

You don't give a shit about her.  You just want to piss on Trump.

No, and I don't give a shit about her, and no I don't want to just piss on Trump.  I want some consistency out of him.  That's a pretty big 180 to go from saying people like her deserve to be killed versus letting her go.

Offline WingNot

No, and I don't give a shit about her, and no I don't want to just piss on Trump.  I want some consistency out of him.  That's a pretty big 180 to go from saying people like her deserve to be killed versus letting her go.

It is how you roll.  One of the nigglers.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, so the eff what. Bush said invading Iraq was a great idea. Which of these two comments cost American lives?

Offline RoosGirl

It is how you roll.  One of the nigglers.

Call me whatever you want.  I don't overlook stupid shit like that.  I didn't agree with him on the death penalty thing, but I have no clue if the overturn in her sentence means he's given up on that stupid idea or if I can expect more of it.  I have a huge appreciation for people who say what they mean and mean what they say.

Oceander

A bona-fide clemency program would be a definite positive for Trump.

Offline WingNot

Call me whatever you want.  I don't overlook stupid shit like that.  I didn't agree with him on the death penalty thing, but I have no clue if the overturn in her sentence means he's given up on that stupid idea or if I can expect more of it.  I have a huge appreciation for people who say what they mean and mean what they say.

You are stuck on stupid.  That is what I can't overlook.

Offline RoosGirl

You are stuck on stupid.  That is what I can't overlook.

Like I give a bleep what you think of me.

Offline WingNot

Like I give a bleep what you think of me.

Nor I.  So we finally agree on something!    :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

Nor I.  So we finally agree on something!    :beer:

Perfect.  Now we can move on.

Oceander

Please do. 

Offline WingNot

That would be nice but you never let things go.

Offline Frank Cannon

You're both knuckleheads. Since I insulted two posters, I'm going to post 2 separate emojis so that I don't get in trouble.

13859 oooooo

Offline corbe

This happens every time Trump leaves the Country, his base gets very antsy and pizzy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.