Author Topic: FBI agent who accidentally fired gun after performing backflip in club charged with assault  (Read 482 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI agent who accidentally fired gun after performing backflip in club charged with assault
by Melissa Quinn
 | June 12, 2018 06:18 PM

The off-duty FBI agent who police say accidentally fired his gun after it fell out of his holster while performing a backflip was charged with one count of felony second-degree assault Tuesday.

Chase Bishop, 29, turned himself into the courts and was formally charged, according to the Denver District Attorney’s Office.

Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in a statement there may be additional charges following the results of a blood alcohol content test.

“We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the BAC report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it,” McCann said, according to reports. “If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then.”

Video obtained by an ABC affiliate in Denver shows Bishop dancing at a Denver nightclub on June 2, surrounded by people. As he performed a backflip on the dance floor, his gun can be seen falling out of his holster.

When the FBI agent went to pick up his weapon, the gun discharged, and a man was hit in the leg.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fbi-agent-who-accidentally-fired-gun-after-performing-backflip-in-club-charged-with-assault
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Does this mean the discharge was part of his dance routine?

Offline RoosGirl

Well I am pleasantly surprised by this.  Good.

Oceander

Does this mean the discharge was part of his dance routine?

No.  It’s probably Brian Daley intent.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Doesn't this charge require intent?  Since it was negligence and not intent he wont be convicted.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Found this "Second-degree assault in Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, or any other county where felony assault is charged in Colorado, can be charged when a person causes bodily injury to another person and causes such injury to any person by means of a deadly weapon. Your intent and the fact that you never meant to cause injury is often not taken into account by police when charging assault in the second degree in Colorado. It is important to note that "deadly weapon" is a very vague and broad definition that district attorneys use liberally when deciding to charge people with second-degree assault in Denver."
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.