Author Topic: New stories emerge from North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s Swiss school days  (Read 385 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

FORMER classmates schooled alongside North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-un in Switzerland cannot reconcile the unhinged dictator with the funny, popular boy they used to know.

As a young teen Kim was nothing like the ruthless, relative-executing despot the world has come to fear, according to his old mates at the German-speaking Liebefeld-Steinhölzli public school in Koeniz, south of Bern.

Instead, they remember a popular, slightly overweight boy with a collection of Nike trainers to die for.

Despite his weight and short stature (he was around 170cm tall), he loved — and was good at — basketball, with a passion for the Chicago Bulls.

“He was a good friend,” Bern chef Joao Micaelo, who attended Liebefeld-Steinhölzli with Kim for two years, told The Daily Beast.

“We had a lot of fun together. He was a good guy. Lots of kids liked him. I don’t know anything about his life today. All I know is the guy I knew in school.

“He loved basketball. We played a lot together. I’d like to say to him, if you ever have the time, please contact me again so we can catch up.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/new-stories-emerge-from-north-korean-dictator-kim-jonguns-swiss-school-days/news-story/4d49237a5dbe99d421bb8ec7ae60974c
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."