Author Topic: 'Don't expect too much': Dennis Rodman plays down Kim-Trump breakthrough  (Read 440 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Singapore (AFP) - Former US basketball star Dennis Rodman flew into Singapore late Monday ahead of at summit betwen President Donald Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong Un, playing down expectations of an immediate breakthrough at the historic meeting.

Rodman, who has struck up an unlikely friendship with the basketball loving North Korean leader, arrived in the city-state some nine hours before Trump meets with Kim in a bid to negotiate an end to a decades-old nuclear stand-off.

He said he expected the Trump-Kim summit to "go fairly well" but added "people should not expect too much for the first time".

"I'm just happy to be a part of it," he told reporters at Changi Airport.

"I think that I brought awareness to a lot of things around the world and I think North Korea has given a lot of people the opportunity to do this conference now and I hope it's a success.

"Who knew this would have happened five to six years ago... It's exciting to be a part of it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-expect-too-much-rodman-plays-down-kim-181027253.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Reality TV at its finest!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Sending an emissary from Uranus is always good for negotiations......
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

They will either come to no agreement or they will sign a paper whereby the US will fork over some big bucks to NK and in exchange NK will promise no more aggression.  Bur the ink won't be dry when NK reneges on its promise and continue building and launching its nukes. 

Not that it will matter to Trump.  He will still get accolades from his adoring fans and that Peace Prize he covets.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

The bar of Rodman expectations for outcome and outrageousness is kind of high.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.