Author Topic: Democrats wrestle with whether it's time for Bill Clinton to go away  (Read 806 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats wrestle with whether it's time for Bill Clinton to go away
by Laura Barrón-López
 | June 09, 2018 12:00 AM

Democrats don’t know what to do about former President Bill Clinton. On one hand they love and admire him; on the other they wish he’d go away.

“What I hear the most is, ‘I wish the Clintons would go away for this cycle,’” said a female House Democrat who claims to have a good pulse on the caucus. “I was sitting in the cloak room yesterday, and one of the Black Caucus members said, ‘Can’t she get the message, she needs to go away?’ So it’s both of them.”

The former president returned to the spotlight this week for his book tour with author James Patterson. But Clinton made headlines when he was asked by NBC if he would handle his 1995 scandal with Monica Lewinsky differently in light of the #MeToo movement. Clinton became defensive, saying he’s apologized to Lewinsky, publicly not privately.

“If the facts were the same today, I wouldn’t,” Clinton said of how he’d handle the episode. “Nobody believes I got out of that for free,” he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/democrats-ask-if-its-time-for-bill-clinton-to-go-away
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Democrats wrestle with whether it's time for Bill Clinton to go away
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 02:17:32 pm »
Both Clintons are in poor health and it shows whenever they speak.  I don't think they will influence anyone when the next presidential election happens.  Neither may be alive by that time.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:45:13 pm »
Both Clintons are in poor health and it shows whenever they speak.  I don't think they will influence anyone when the next presidential election happens.  Neither may be alive by that time.

I'll take your word for it.  I've never listed to a Clinton speech.  Excerpts from their speeches via the MSM is about it.  Hillary's absence at times during her campaign and her lackluster appearances raised questions about her health.  I saw videos of her head bobbling, slurred speech and tripping and stumbling as she walked; all sign of failing health, but the footage could have been altered.

Hillary and Bill have both entered their 70's, but their age doesn't necessarily mean they're at the end of life by any means.  Trump is the same age as Bill and he's got a tremendous amount of energy.  It seems our POTUS thrives on being busy and handles stress very well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:19 pm »
The Dems are under the impression that they can turn away from the Clintons whenever they want to.   :silly:

The fools.  They're stuck with this tar-baby forever, many, many years after they both waltz off this mortal coil.  They sold what passes for their "soul" to the Clintons, and that scarlet mark will never go away.  Long after the name "Jackson" is forgotten, people will always remember the name "Clinton."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 07:19:11 pm »
The Dems are under the impression that they can turn away from the Clintons whenever they want to.   :silly:

The fools.  They're stuck with this tar-baby forever, many, many years after they both waltz off this mortal coil.  They sold what passes for their "soul" to the Clintons, and that scarlet mark will never go away.  Long after the name "Jackson" is forgotten, people will always remember the name "Clinton."

I don't know about that.  Hillary will have her bloody talons desperately grasping, and her daughter will be fumbling along, but much of the younger generations has abandoned them.  They're old news, the old guard.  Bernie really helped to frame them as "the past" or "Baby Boomers' candidates".   And young folks hate "the Baby Boomers" for "ruining the world" for them to come into.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 07:33:09 pm »
I don't know about that.  Hillary will have her bloody talons desperately grasping, and her daughter will be fumbling along, but much of the younger generations has abandoned them.  They're old news, the old guard.  Bernie really helped to frame them as "the past" or "Baby Boomers' candidates".   And young folks hate "the Baby Boomers" for "ruining the world" for them to come into.

If they are still turning away from Scoop Jackson and toward Bernie Sanders, then I'd say the Clinton Damage will long out live the Clintons.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:49 am »

The Dems are stuck with so many tar-babies.  They have no one alive to point to as a leader.  No one.

Obama?  Please.  I knew Patterson hadn't been writing his own books for years but how desperate can you get?

Michelle?  I think she'd love to run, and she would be a great candidate for Republicans.  It would be fun in a totally nauseating sort of way.

Hillary?  They're pretty mad at her for losing a sure thing.  Maybe they could trot out that painful picture of her and Bill dancing on the beach in their bathing suits.

Now, they're doing Biden murmurs to see how that floats. OMG.

And throwing out Oprah to see who salutes.

And they have no one young either.  There was some RFK lookalike around but I've forgotten his name.

Wonder why they haven't tried Whoopie Goldberg?

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 02:10:23 am »
Please keep them in the spotlight  :0001:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:31 am »

Clinton paved the way for Trump.  We owe him a debt of gratitude.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 11:45:27 am »

Well Bill was mostly overweight most of his life and as for Hillary something is seriously wrong with her health wise.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »

From your lips.

Millennials have no recollection of and no attachment to the Clintons, so let’s hope Bill hangs around flapping his gums to remind people of who the democrats are.