Author Topic: Acting ICE Director Says Blame Congress for Rapid Rise in Illegal Border Crossings  (Read 317 times)

rangerrebew

Acting ICE Director Says Blame Congress for Rapid Rise in Illegal Border Crossings

Published: 
Fri, Jun 8th 2018 @ 9:24 am EDT  by  Chris Chmielenski

DHS released border apprehension numbers for the month of May, and the numbers aren't good. Specifically, the release shows huge spikes in the number of unaccompanied children and family units attempting to cross the border illegally. Pres. Trump's tough talk on enforcement was able to slow the surge over his first year in office, but in year two, word has spread across the globe that his hands are tied when it comes to dealing with illegal border crossers unless Congress makes changes to existing law.

According to DHS data, Border Patrol apprehended 6,405 unaccompanied children and 9,485 family units attempting to enter the U.S. last month. In May 2017, only 1,493 unaccompanied children and 1,577 family units were apprehended. All told, more than 50,000 illegal border crossers were apprehended for the third straight month.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/blame-congress-rapid-rise-illegal-border-crossings

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Must not slow the flow of new democrat voters.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."