Author Topic: Explaining Jeff Sessions  (Read 768 times)

Offline endicom

Explaining Jeff Sessions
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:54:43 am »
American Thinker
Hugh McInnish
June 10, 2018

I have known Jeff Sessions for a long time.  In 1994, he was running for Alabama attorney general, and I was running for the congressional seat presently occupied by Mo Brooks.  Jeff and I, then, were on the same GOP ticket in my congressional district, and we showed up at times on the same stump.  He won, and I lost.  Out of 50,000 votes cast in the primary, I came up 23 votes short.

Since then, I have watched from the sidelines and have been a constant fan of Jeff Sessions.  I particularly admired him when he jumped out front and endorsed Donald Trump before any other senator did.

After Trump's victory, Sessions accepted the attorney general's job, and, to the chagrin of Trump and the surprise of many others, promptly recused himself from the most important business facing the Department of Justice.  This was a cosmic error.  It, for example, has had the bizarre result of having one of the president's employees, Mr. Mueller, working assiduously to destroy his boss.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/explaining_jeff_sessions.html

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Explaining Jeff Sessions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:46:56 pm »
We need an ass-kicker in the job like Chris Christie
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:53:40 pm »
Okay, I disapprove of Sessions recusing himself.

Otherwise, has he done some good things in office aside from that? Immigration and a few other things he has done alright.

He's a real puzzle, I liked him as a Senator and during the primary season.  How he has acted with Mueller is a question mark. Chris Christie is sharp, I haven't heard him comment on this particular matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 12:55:07 pm »
We need an ass-kicker in the job like Chris Christie

How about J. Christian Adams?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:10:38 pm »
How about J. Christian Adams?
Maybe.  I looked him up and saw his interview with Pirro.

He might be excellent in the DOJ, but am unsure of his proven leadership in running an entire large group.

As governor, Christie took no prisoners.  And we know his record as a prosecutor. I like that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 01:13:35 pm »
As governor, Christie took no prisoners.  And we know his record as a prosecutor. I like that.

Christie would have been a much better choice.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 01:26:38 pm »
Maybe.  I looked him up and saw his interview with Pirro.

He might be excellent in the DOJ, but am unsure of his proven leadership in running an entire large group.

Mr. Adams is much younger than Christie and would do a FINE job as AG IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:26:50 pm »

Gohmert?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 01:35:36 pm »
Gohmert?

About as likely to get confirmed as Joe diGeniva.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 02:07:46 pm »
I have one issue with Sessions that I think is sufficient reason to sack him.  I don't hear it being brought up very often, but I think it's highly destructive of this nation:

Asset Forfeiture.

It's turned Law Enforcement into legalized highway robbery.  It existed long before Sessions, but he has publicly embraced the practice with no sign of letting loose.  The stories we hear of citizens being stopped and looted by cops for the crime of having cash on them are just the start.  They've been taking cars and real estate. 

Christie would be no better.  Maybe worse.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:09:18 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »
I have one issue with Sessions that I think is sufficient reason to sack him.  I don't hear it being brought up very often, but I think it's highly destructive of this nation:

Asset Forfeiture.

It's turned Law Enforcement into legalized highway robbery.  It existed long before Sessions, but he has publicly embraced the practice with no sign of letting loose.  The stories we hear of citizens being stopped and looted by cops for the crime of having cash on them are just the start.  They've been taking cars and real estate. 

Christie would be no better.  Maybe worse.
@Cyber Liberty
Double bingo.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.