Author Topic: Trump: Will know within 'first minute' if North Korea is serious about giving up nukes  (Read 1557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Will know within 'first minute' if North Korea is serious about giving up nukes
By Max Greenwood - 06/09/18 10:37 AM EDT

President Trump said on Saturday that he is "confident" ahead of his planned meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying he'll rely on his intuition to determine if the leader is serious about denuclearization.

"This is probably rarely been done. It’s unknown territory in the truest sense," Trump told reporters at the Group of Seven (G-7) summit in Quebec. "I really feel confident. I really feel that Kim Jong Un wants to do something great for his people and he has that opportunity."

But, Trump warned, "he’ll never have that opportunity again."

At the same press conference, the president also predicted he would know within the "first minute" of meeting Kim whether the North Korea leader was serious about denuclearization.

"I think within the first minute, I'll know," Trump said, prompting a reporter to fire back: "How?"

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391484-trump-confident-ahead-of-north-korea-summit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Yeah, just like GWB knew from one look at Putin that he could be trusted. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
1. Trump is neither GW Bush or Obama.

He gives evry indication of Reagan-like positions;
1. "peace through strength

2. "Trust but verify"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

1. Trump is neither GW Bush or Obama.

He gives evry indication of Reagan-like positions;
1. "peace through strength

2. "Trust but verify"

There you go again, again. Comparing a two bit grifter to one of the better presidents in US history. 

Offline RedHead

I can save him a minute.  They're not.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I can save him a minute.  They're not.

Are those the DU talking points from your home base?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It'll depend on which fast food joint Kim mentions.  If he suggests opening a McDonald's or BK in Pyongyang, it's on.  Wendy's will signal he's open to ideas.  Requesting a Hardees's will mean it's all for show.  Bringing up Arthur Treacher's means the entire premise of serious talks was a joke.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:30:41 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Lando Lincoln

These comments by Mr. Trump are less for our consumption than they are for Kim.  Especially the message that NK gets one shot at this. 

I clearly want our President to be successful here. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline RedHead

Are those the DU talking points from your home base?
Nope. Common sense.  You should try it some time.

Oceander

It'll depend on which fast food joint Kim mentions.  If he suggests opening a McDonald's or BK in Pyongyang, it's on.  Wendy's will signal he's open to ideas.  Requesting a Hardees's will mean it's all for show.  Bringing up Arthur Treacher's means the entire premise of serious talks was a joke.

:bigsilly:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We all know Reagan was despised heavily by some. I guess, every president is, so we can remember that.  In the 1990s, some joker would write in chalk wherever they could, "Clinton Lies", it didn't seem to be a very strong way to protest but there you have it.

Oceander

We all know Reagan was despised heavily by some. I guess, every president is, so we can remember that.  In the 1990s, some joker would write in chalk wherever they could, "Clinton Lies", it didn't seem to be a very strong way to protest but there you have it.

Yes, but Trump is no Reagan. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, but Trump is no Reagan.
I see what you mean,  Trump defeated ISIS but they did not exist way back then.

Oceander

Yeah, whatever. 

Silver Pines

@edpc a

Trump could get whatever he wants if he lays out a big spread of carbs for the little porker.  Obviously food is the way to his heart.

Offline thackney

ISIS is no longer a threat?  Wow, good to know. 

When will all the troops from the multitude of countries leave those areas then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_military_intervention_against_ISIL#Involvement_by_country
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

I am not entirely certain what ISIS has to do with North Korea. However, for those so ecstatic about their supposed defeat, just remember that Iran and Turkey have become the dominant influence in those former areas. Erdogan is now threatening a war between cross and crescent - so there’s that. .

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And if it's Taco Bell, well is there a more obvious declaration of war?

Offline Suppressed

It won't be Taco Bell...no way he'll allow a slogan like "Make a run for the border!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

They won't be threats at all.  The Norks will just be stoned and playing Xbox all the time.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

They won't be threats at all.  The Norks will just be stoned and playing Xbox all the time.
I think you've got it, no money bribes or strong arm threats. Give every Nork an Xbox with games and all the snacks they could every want from,https://www.leafly.com/products/edibles/snack-foods  and they won't ever feel like being aggressive again! :silly:

Offline edpc

I think you've got it, no money bribes or strong arm threats. Give every Nork an Xbox with games and all the snacks they could every want..

You know, I was completely joking about the whole thing, then Kim’s buddy Rodman shows up in Singapore, sporting this shirt.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

You know, I was completely joking about the whole thing, then Kim’s buddy Rodman shows up in Singapore, sporting this shirt.

Nobel Peace Prize contender right there folks.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

I guess it is already too late to get in.

https://investorplace.com/2018/06/potcoin-aiming-for-marketing-blitz-with-dennis-rodman/

This is not the first time potcoin and its development team engaged Rodman for a high-profile event. Last year, the cryptocurrency project sponsored the retired basketball star’s trip to the hermit nation. That trip was a marketer’s dream. Covered head-to-toe in potcoin apparel, Rodman brought the brand to the mainstream consciousness.

It also sparked an investment frenzy, albeit short-lived. According to Business Insider, the digital token’s market capitalization jumped 84% but plummeted a day later.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

“Just my touch, my feel, that’s what I do. How long will it take to figure out if they’re serious? I said maybe in the first minute. You know the way they say you know if you’re going to like somebody in the first five seconds, you ever hear that one?” Trump said, according to The Guardian.

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-warns-at-g-7-north-korea-summit-a-one-time-shot/

Now, I can’t decide whether Trump is there to negotiate denuclearization or if he’s trying to bed Kim Jong Un.